|Overview of CTG Global||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position||Our client is a division of the Office of Rule of Law and Security Institutions (OROLSI) in the Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO). Our client is mandated to ensure an effective, proactive and coordinated response to the problem posed by a wide range of explosive hazards. Legislative mandates also recognize our client's technical expertise in responding to threats posed by unsecured and unsafe conventional weapons and ammunition stockpiles. As an office within DPKO, our client supports peacekeeping and special political missions in accordance with Security Council mandates.
our client in Somalia provides explosive hazard management capacities, including mitigation as part of a logistical support package. Non-lethal tactical advice and analysis is delivered by our client's technical advisors located in each Sector Headquarters and at Force Headquarters, who support planning and operations. Our client support includes both enabling (“operate in spite of IEDs”) and response (“defeat the device”). our client also supports the Federal Government of Somalia, including the Somali Police Force, Somali Explosive Management Authority and National Security Advisor.
|Role objectives||The Peace and Security Cluster (PSC) supports and facilitates the work of our client, other UN partners, and Governments in some 18 countries and territories affected by explosive-hazards. The PSC provides specialized project management services to efficiently support our client in delivering essential work on the ground in emergency, post-conflict and peacekeeping environments with the aim of promoting peace and security, protecting civilians and ensuring long lasting human security|
|Expected output||Under the supervision of Operations Officer, the Operations assistant will perform the following tasks:
1. Contract Management:
• Review of contractor’s monthly reports to confirm accuracy.
• Reviewing Contractors weekly reports for accuracy
• Conduct reviews of owned equipment on loan.
2. Draft office weekly reports for the review of the Project Manager
3. Maintaining the project section’s filing system.
4. Ensuring all project correspondence is received, dispatched and recorded.
5. All the projects photocopying requirements.
6. Preparation of operational briefing documentations
7. Collecting weekly statistic returns on explosive hazards within Somalia ,
8. Gather data from IMSMA database facilitators for the regular updating of maps and other visual display information in the Operations section
9. Assist in the coordination of operations between AMISOM and other national/international organizations
10. Producing draft progress reports on specific tasks within Operations
11. Analyzing weekly statistics return and survey reports on mine actions
12. Planning for Operations meetings and preparation of related briefing materials
13. Monitoring of the mine/UXO clearance organizations in South/Central Somalia
14. Undertake other similar duties as may be assigned by the Operations Officer
|Key competencies||Partnering - Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Results Orientation - Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Solution Focused - Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Effective Communication - Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Leading Self and Others - Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Integrity & Inclusion - Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Agility - Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behaviour. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
• Teamwork – Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Planning & Organization – Ability to manage, organize, plan and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines.
• Judgment – Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment and decision making skills.
• Problem Solving – Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to handle a range of management and coordination issues.
• Commitment to Continuous Learning – Willingness to keep abreast of new developments.
• Professionalism – Professionalism: sound knowledge of, and exposure to, administrative and financial management issues
First Level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with 1 year’s relevant experience or secondary school certificate with 5 years of experience.
This role does not require team management
- Experience in administrative procedures
- Experience in filing systems
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- English, French, Somalia all essential
- Ability to work in a gender-equal and multi-cultural environment