|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
The Movement Control Assistant will ensure planning, coordination and monitoring of multiple passenger and baggage/cargo movement activities simultaneously in an effective and timely manner.
The Consultant will be required to:
- Develop passenger and cargo load plans.
- Determine the most efficient and cost-effective modes of transportation for passengers and cargo (including dangerous goods requiring special handling) within and/or outside a field mission.
- Coordinate required transportation activities with the Aviation and Transport Units/Sections and/or commercial transportation service providers.
- Liaises with other units/sections, non-government and government organizations and intergovernmental agencies on immigration and customs matters.
- Supervising contractor and personnel performing flight check in operations
- Coordination with Aviation section to ensure the efficient utilization of air assets.
- Assist in analyzing projected passenger and cargo flows in order to estimate required resources.
- Record statistical data on the movement of passengers and cargo (including dangerous goods requiring special handling) within and/or outside the field mission.
- Monitors the preparation of luggage and cargo for transportation and ensure that weighting, plastic wrapping and labeling are conducted in accordance with the established procedures.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of military and police contingent deployments, rotations and repatriations.
- Review and distribute manifests.
- Brief passengers on schedules, routes, and timing and safety requirements.
- Monitors check-in and check-out activities for outgoing and incoming passengers and cargo.
- Maintains the electronic databases in accordance with the established procedures and deadlines.
- Monitor that appropriate reference documents are current, readily available and accessible to all relevant personnel.
- Collect Data for the cots recovery unit of NON-UN passengers and cargo moved on flights.
- Any other duties as required.
Movement Control Assistant reports to the Chief Movement Control Officer through the unit supervisor.
High school or equivalent diploma is required.
Technical or vocational certificate in movement control, multi-modal transportation, airline operations, logistics management or a related field is desirable.
At least 8 years of progressively responsible experience in movement control, freight forwarding, airline operations, logistics management or a related field.
Experience in the use of IATA rules and procedures for the transportation of dangerous goods is required.
Possession of a valid driver’s license is mandatory. Experience in operating MHE is an added advantage
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
A working knowledge of Somali language is an added advantage.
This role does not require team management