Under the supervision of Project Manager, the Operations Officer will perform the following tasks:
- Provide non-lethal tactical analysis, advice and information regarding explosive hazard threats to better inform mobility planning processes.
- Advise on defensive non-lethal combat engineering response and movement planning, and provide recommendations for all mobility operations.
- Prioritize, co-ordinate with the Commanders and his staff to implement all operational tasking including EOD/IEDD call out response, providing operational and technical planning/advice to the Sector Commander within the relevant sector.
- Provide technical advice on route analysis, mapping, current IED threats, possible vulnerable points, historical data, provide information for convoy planning and Convoy Commanders and support the operations planning for the Mission Enabling Unit (MEU).
- Provide input to doctrine and TTPs as it pertains to explosive hazard mitigation.
- Act as a bridge between Sector Headquarters (SHQ) and Force Headquarters (FHQ) for information regarding explosive hazards and support collation of information at HQ to provide an overall up-to-date analysis for FHQ on the explosive hazard threat in the sectors.
- Provide mapping and detailed threat analysis, in coordination with other UN agencies GIS, for planning purposes.
- Following a detailed assessment, will recommend a tailored package of services/assets to each Sector Commander based on need, available resources (equipment), explosive hazard threat, conditions on the routes and based upon the training and experience of troops.
- Provide recommendations to Commanders on appropriate deployment of our client contracted assets and support centralized command and control of assets.
- Oversee and supervise the delivery of any contracts with partners/implementer's to ensure contractual conformity.
- Coordinate and task implementing partners/contractors to deliver training and mentoring support to explosive management operations.
- Management, control and security of all explosives utilized by contractors and implementing partners.
- Conduct routine on-site (when security situation permits) quality assurance of all organizations operations as part of the accreditation process.
- Conduct a M&E review of the partners contractors quality management process.
- Ensure that contractors are conforming to approve SOP and conducting safe and effective EOD/IEDD operations.
- Ensure a quality management approach is taken to all EOD/IED and explosive management operations performed in the relevant sector.
- Implementation of a quality management system, ensuring that the system is being applied in a fair and equitable manner and that accreditation and monitoring do not interrupt or delay operations.
Representation, Coordination and Administration:
- Fulfill the role of our client representative for overseeing all our client operations in the sector.
- Perform comprehensive administrative management of the respective office.
- Provide training and mentoring for our client staff on relevant topics.
- Provide co-ordination support to all operational activities (police support project, humanitarian project, support project and WAM project).
- Support establishment of an operations room for planning, briefing and de-briefing in the sectors.
- Provide weekly and ad hoc reports on operational activities and contextual/political implications on the projects.
- Provide input towards internal strategic review processes, provide recommendations to improve the quality of projects.
- When requested, fulfill the role of Investigating Officer for Detailed Independent Investigations or Boards of Inquiry for explosive hazard accidents or incidents.
- Other tasks as directed by the Project Manager.