|Overview of CTG Global||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position|
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit Project Manager is responsible for the business assurance responsibilities of our client in Somalia project(s) and provides services to our client in Somalia management team, donors, partners and beneficiaries. He/she is expected to help our client in Somalia to meet and exceed the organizations performance and delivery goals.
The role of the PCVE unit is to support operationalizing the Somali National Strategy and Action Plan and facilitate the implementation of the national Strategy by the federal member states and the relevant line ministries in consultation with civil society, private sector and the diaspora. It will ensure that all relevant stakeholders will have identified PCVE coordinators and concrete actions that each stakeholder will develop within their respective mandates. It will also ensure embedding of the National Strategy into a legal framework and developing concrete PCVE specific interventions to be implemented.
The M&E PM will be seconded to the PCVE unit and working closely with the FGS PCVE coordination office in the Office of the PM to conduct a base line review, ensure that project controls are in place. The M&E PM will work with all stakeholders including our client.
The M&E PM is responsible to design, develop and roll out the M&E framework for PCVE CAS strand in Somalia. Reporting to the Team lead of the Integrated PCVE unit, the M&E PM will work closely with other agencies, funds and programme as well as and FGS/FMS counter parts to develop M&E indicators and roll out a system aimed at undertaking independent quality assurances and regular reviews of the project activities.
Regular monitoring reports need to be produced with a critical focus on the review of work packages and stage status to ensure that the projects stay on course.
The PM M&E will have a thorough understanding of the project documents/deliverables, strategic frameworks, police documents, agreements, respective roles and responsibilities of the partners/stakeholders to ensure that effective coordination and independent review of the processes can be undertaken.
S/he must be able to apply, with some degree of autonomy, the below duties and responsibilities of the project success criteria:
• Ensure knowledge management, quality assurance and learning continually improve;
• Design, develop and implement a M&E system for project assurance and independent monitoring of project performance and products (both quantitative and qualitative data collection);
• Coordinate and collaborate with all stakeholder and their M&E focal points to develop a common framework
• Coordinate and collaborate with National PCVE coordinator and the PCVE coordination team under the Office of the PM to assist them in conducting Monitoring and Evaluation;
• Verify and monitor the business case and benefits review plan against external events and project progress and monitor/report changes to the plans identifying the impact on the programme;
• Conduct field visits to conduct l monitoring and to assess progress toward achieving objectives, ensuring compliance and effective implementation according to plans and proposals providing recommendations for improvement;
• Advise Team lead PCVE on issues/risks that may impact the delivery of the business case (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance);
• Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of M&E function among all stakeholders through communication, training, learning and development activities organization-wide;
• Enhance capacity among team and conduct training on assurance responsibilities;
• Assist the stakeholders to develop performance indicators ensuring that the project fits within the overall programme strategy;
• Based on analysis from monitoring reports, provide professional input to Team lead PCVE
• Design evaluations and formulate the Terms of Reference and take lead in undertaking the evaluation and compiling of results;
• Develop and implement the necessary frameworks, guidance and tools, to ensure strategic coherence and organizational effectiveness;
• Develop tools and processes in line with organizational M&E system, including key documents such as log-frames, detailed implementation plans and work-plans as and when required;
• Identify and manage risks so that maximum benefit for all stakeholders is achieved;
• Participate in regular update meetings with stakeholders to track and document progress;
• Participate in regular PCVE meetings to discuss progress, risks and issues that may emerge to ensure project stays on track;
• Set-up and undertake lessons-learned reviews to collect information on successful and unsuccessful project activities and practices;
• Compile and disseminate key findings to stakeholders for action
• Designs data collection tools in coordination with the other stakeholders; reviews, analyse and interpret responses, identify problems/issues and prepare conclusions;
• Responsible for public information, development and roll out of communication plan;
• Collect case studies, success stories and share it with PIO media section;
• Design and conduct research, analyses and present information gathered from diverse sources;
• Assists in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
This role reports to the Project Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in social sciences, planning development or related technical fields, experience in programme development, monitoring and evaluation with five (5) years of experience or a first level University degree (Bachelors Degree or equivalent) in a related field with an additional seven (7) years’ experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• Knowledge and understanding of the UN framework on Preventing and Countering of Violent Extremism and Terrorism;
• At least five years of experience with M&E systems including over 3 years in field operations;
• Knowledge of Project/Programme M&E and capacity building programs in countering terrorism and prevention of violent extremism;
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in methodology of M&E and Evaluation Processes, including theories, standards and models, quantitative/qualitative/mixed methods, validity/reliability testing of data, data analysis and interpretation, and statistical
• Experience in design and roll out of M&E systems, follow-up on recommendations and dissemination of M&E results is required
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in demography, statistics, and data management is required
• Experience working with humanitarian and development sector preferably with UN organisations in setting up M&E systems is desired
• Knowledge of our client's operations will be desirable.
C. Language Requirements
Fluency in written & oral English, knowledge of Somali language is desirable.
Strategic Perspective - Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.
Integrity & Inclusion - Treats all individuals with respect, responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Leading Self and Others - Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others.
Partnering - Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others.
Results Orientation - Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Agility - Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Solution Focused - Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Effective Communication - Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
This role does not have team management responsibility.