|Overview of CTG Global||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position|
Position Title: RMC Officer (Local National)
Place of Performance: South Sudan (Multiple Locations)
Start date: 15/06/2018 – 15/08/2019
Duration: Upto 12 months (@6 days/week)
Remuneration: $1600 pcm plus potential allowance
The Regional Management Capacity National Specialist (herein referred to as the ‘National Specialist’) will support the management of the demining activity being carried out throughout the affected country. The National Specialist shall be required to deploy to a field duty stations in South Sudan to support the Regional Management Capacity (RMC) Officer. The National Specialist’s work shall ensure the conformance of the demining operations with IMAS & the South Sudan Mine Action Standards.
Support the management & delivery of all demining activities as directed by our client & keeping oversight on all of our clients demining activities as assigned within South Sudan.
- Support the RMC Officer in monitoring demining activity within the area of operation.
- Monitor all mine action operations to ensure adherence to the statement of works, the contractors’ work plans, IMAS & the South Sudan Mine Action Standards.
- Inspect, monitor & evaluate technical aspects of the mines survey & clearance activities in operations.
- Contribute as required to monitor reports after visiting operations sites.
- Participate in any board of inquiry to investigate any incident or accident to which assigned.
- Perform any other task designated by the operations office in Juba.
- Provide advice to the international RMC Officer & the UN management team on local issues, particularly those relating to ethnicity & social tensions.
- Assist the international RMC Officer in the preparation of reports for submission to the client HQ in Juba.
The National Specialist will report directly to the Head of Office within the UN Operations Office team.
|Key competencies||Ten years’ experience in mine clearance operations.
Detailed knowledge of all ammunition types encountered in South Sudan.
A thorough understanding of IMAS, the South Sudan NTSG & IMSMA.
Be able to demonstrate an ability to calculate.
This role does not have any team management responsibility.
Experience in a similar operating environment to South Sudan.