|CTG Overview||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position|
The SSI project in Somalia is primarily a community-based, small grants initiative implemented in close coordination with the donor, with communities in priority areas, and with all levels of Government, particularly newly formed District Administrations and regional state institutions. The overall objective of the program is to support the political transition of Somalia towards a functioning and stabilized Federal State through activities that promote good governance, consolidation of the federal structure, and a receptive environment to respond to emerging political contingencies;
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission of IOM Somalia and under the overall supervision of the SSI Chief of Party and reporting directly to the Deputy Chief of Party in Mogadishu, the incumbent will be responsible for the planning, coordination, execution, monitoring, and management of the OTI project in the Jubbaland state of Somalia (JSS)
The National Project Officer in the OTI Unit will represent the interests of the program in his/her area of responsibility.
The National Project Officer will work in an integrated manner with the Federal Member States (FMS) and regional and district authorities with a particular focus on, outreach and coordination with local communities.
Directly reporting to Deputy Chief of Party
Overall reporting to Chief of Party
|Key competencies||Required Competencies
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous le
Responsible for the overall management of the SSI office and team in Jubaland, including the supervision of the Senior Project Advisor, Project Advisors, M&E Assistant, Field Engineers, and Finance and Procurement staff in Kismayo office.
Required Qualifications and ExperienceEducation
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, International Relations, Governance and Development Studies or any related field;
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office suite;
- Demonstrated experience in project Cycle management;
- Proven skills and experience projects monitoring and evaluation’
- Good report writing skills;
- Thorough understanding and knowledge in working and coordinating with government agencies and other development partners.
- Minimum of six years of professional experience in the field of governance and development, or management, especially in international organizations such as NGOs or USAID funded programmes.
- Three years specific experience in the field of development with project design, implementation and management.
- Experience in community participation and consensus-building projects.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of government structures and current development planning in Somalia.
- Demonstrated capacity to understand and analyse the national, regional, and local political context in Somalia
- A drive for results in a high-volume, quick-paced programme environment; creativity and analytical capability required to respond to evolving programme demands and current events.