|Overview of CTG Global||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position|
Under the direct supervision of the CCCM Program Manager, the incumbent will perform routine & specialized finance, accounting & administrative tasks for the Camp Management & Camp Coordination (CCCM) unit.
Key objectives of the role include ensuring financial, administrative & personnel accountability & implementing clear, efficient administrative, financial & logistical procedures to support the CCCM unit in the timely implementation of projec
In particular, he/she will do the following:
- Ensure all commitments and expenditures, including cash transactions, are recorded into PRISM on time and regularly review these to ensure that all project costing are correctly charged to the correct budget lines, identify inconsistencies, verify availability of funds & if needed, assist in budget revisions.
- Analyze & reconcile service provider’s accounts & ensure that invoices are correct & any private usage is duly recovered/reimbursed.
- Perform verification of invoices as per established organization processes & approvals including all implementing partner’s payments.
- Ascertain that the equipment, supplies or services that invoices refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request.
- Assist in processing requests for payments. Ensure all supporting documentation & signatures according to established approval standards are obtained before payment is made.
- Maintain a field finance tracker of all CCCM payments generated from the field.
- Check, verify and ensure that all Letters of Invitations (LOIs) & travel expense claims are correctly completed before payment processing.
- Plan & manage petty cash for the CCCM unit & field offices.
- Set up and maintain a filling system for all financial aspects of CCCM programs for both hard copy & soft copy of payments.
- Communicate & coordinate with IOM finance department to ensure all relevant matters are timely & efficiently processed.
- Maintain accounting spread sheets in accordance with IOM procedures & assist with the processing of the general accounting activities of the CCCM unit.
- Perform all functions in accordance with the established financial, procurement & accounting regulations.
- Support staff travel, including assisting in completing Travel Authorizations (TAs) & expense claims, security & medical clearance & flight & accommodation booking requests.
- Prepare & submit a monthly funding request & monthly account returns.
- Review sub office internal controls & notify the CCCM Program Manager & Resource Management Officer (RMO) of any potential weaknesses & propose corrective measures required.
- Maintain a log & file for all local staff contracts & to follow up on renewal of contracts in liaison with HR unit.
- Provide support & follow up to ensure consultant salaries are paid on time.
- Manage & coordinate staff attendance according to established procedures.
- Maintain a file for attendance records (copies) for all local staff i.e. time sheets, annual & sick leave records, & monitor the Rest & Recuperation (R&R) schedule for all staff in accordance with the staff rules & regulations.
- Coordinate overtime requests & hours worked for all staff & ensure actual hours worked are recorded accordingly.
- Follow up on any other HR related issues in the CCCM unit.
- Support general administrative duties & perform any other duties as may be assigned.
This role reports to the CCCM Program Manager.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for action & manages constructive criticisms.
- Client Orientation: Works effectively well with client & stakeholders.
- Continuous Learning: Promotes continuous learning for self & others.
- Communication: – Listens & communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Creativity & Initiative: Actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services.
- Leadership & Negotiation: Develops effective partnerships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Performance Management: Identify ways & implement actions to improve performance of self & others.
- Planning & Organizing: Plans work, anticipates risks & sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Professionalism: Displays mastery of subject matter.
- Teamwork: Contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns & promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness: Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
This role does not have team management responsibility.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
- This role will be advertised for a period of 2 weeks starting from 1.7.2018, the role will be pulled out of the website on 15.7.2018