• The overall management of our client's port operations for Djibouti in coordination with the all internal and external stakeholders, to ensure the timely and cost-effective movement of commodities through the port, streamlined with downstream pipeline plans, to ensure the smooth and timely provision of food assistance to beneficiaries
• Effective coordination with our client’s vessel agents, vessel port representatives, local authorities, our client's cargo superintendent company and our client's logistics service providers, to ensure no delays in cargo clearance and vessel loading and discharging arrangements and operations
• The supervision and monitoring of vessel loading and discharge operations and assurance that all necessary corrective actions are taken to achieve the most cost efficient and timely operations, as well as the avoidance or minimization of demurrage charges, detention fees and any other additional costs that our client may incur; Ensuring that all required documentation, such as Statement of Facts, Notice of Readiness, and Letter of Protest etc. are submitted/accepted correctly as per the Charter Party
• Staying abreast of any potential transport delays/port congestion, taking necessary mitigation measure to protect our client’s interests and the sharing of this information with the necessary/concerned offices.
• Close coordination with our client's cargo superintendent company and/or Vessel's port
representatives prior to vessel arrivals to protect our client interests during vessel
operations and to ensure full cargo quantity in good condition is always loaded/
discharged; and for ensuring that adequate measures are in place for commodity handling, quality and quantity control and any immediate actions are be taken to safeguard the commodities and our client’s interest at all times.
• The pro-active prevention of commodity losses during loading/discharges operations including the implementation of mitigation measures, necessary interventions during cases of cargo damage, the timely reporting of any incidents, commodity losses/ damages to all relevant parties and the arrangements for adequate inspections, sampling, testing to support the final settlement of disputed cargoes
• Ensure good communications and effective negotiations with external parties in order to facilitate smooth shipping and port operations.
• In coordination with the Djibouti Country Office Contracting Team, ensure that all necessary contracts are in place for handling of charter and liner vessels and for any other logistics services required, including stevedoring, customs clearance, primary transportation, port warehousing, etc. Provide necessary inputs for the contracting process such as market surveys and regular contractor performance monitoring and reporting.
• Ensuring that relevant staff is properly briefed on the Standard Port Operation
procedures and responsibilities of our client Vessels/Stevedores/Superintendents and
Forwarding Agents with clear understanding on the points where risk is transferred; and ensuring the capacity building and on-the-job training of your team staff in the technical areas of port operations and shipping.
• Participation in the development of further improvements in procedures,
documentation and reporting of our client's Djibouti Operation