|CTG Overview||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position|
There is a problem of weapons and explosive contamination in Mali, following historical and recent conflict. There is clear evidence of the presence of landmines, UXO, IEDs and insecure stockpiles of weapons and ammunition (abandoned or neglected). There were more than 130 recorded victims of UXO since 2012.
Our client was established in Mali under Security Council Resolution 2100 and the mandate further developed under resolution 2164. In accordance with these mandates, our client was engaged to implement a mine action program in Mali.
Our client in Mali mine action program is seeking to:
- Reduce the explosive threat to UN personnel.
- Enhance national capacity to mitigate explosive threats.
- Improve the protection of civilians.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Pre-Deployment Training Project Manager, the Training Officer is responsible for the following:
- Conduct IED training in different African locations.
- Contribute to prepare and/or update the relevant training packages.
- Prepare the relevant training aid kits.
- Report about all training activities performed in the provided countries.
- Propose all changing or training improvement he assesses necessary.
- S/he shall be responsible for his/her travel arrangements and report to our clients Pre-Deployment Team Leader.
- Debriefing the trainees regarding the training objectives achievement.
- Understand the IMAS and International Ammunition Technical Guidelines (IATG’s).
- Other tasks as directed by the Project Manager.
Training Officer component:
- Assist in the production, implementation and monitoring of technical training documentation.
- Continuously look for areas of improvement in efficiency, effectiveness and safety of the program with regarding to training for the TCC.
- Conduct training and provide coaching and mentoring on all aspects of C-IED.
This role reports to the Pre-Deployment Training Project Manager.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience or First Level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required or Military Experience with a minimum of 11 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum two (02) years of experience in C-IED matter.
- Minimum two (02) years as trainer (or equivalent task).
- Adviser in any African country will be a desirable.
- Fluent in French both oral and written (essential).
- English is an asset
- Experienced in C-IED field through police or military career or equivalent (required).
- Training and teaching experience (desired).
- Flexibility to adapt training phases to the framework and to react as necessary.
- Decision making capability to face unexpected situations.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural context and environment.
- Ability to travel and work in different African countries including harsh living conditions.
This role does not have team management responsibility.
- Internationally recognized driving license.
- Physically fit and in good health.