|Overview of CTG Global||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position||General description:
Required to transport cargo in the form of both food and Non-Food-Items in accordance to the Procedures & Normative Guidelines, as establish by our client
|Role objectives||Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Traffic Officer the incumbent shall perform the following duties:-
1. Perform identical duties as driver, as indicated below, but with the additional responsibilities of:
a. Carry responsibility for convoy and drivers and provide leadership and guidance to those vehicles under the convoy.
b. Responsible for telecommunications and usage of HF & VHF radio & Thuraya communications to inform Traffic Officer of progress and position on an hourly basis.
c. Ensure that all drivers carry out their tasks and responsibilities in accordance to their job descriptions.
d. Responsible for all security issues that may arise and always decide safest option for convoy and use careful judgement to ensure safe passage.
e. In the event of breakdown or recovery, decide upon best course of action to recover vehicle in the safest and quickest manner without potential damage being caused by in this exercise.
f. Ensure that sufficient funds are available for off-loading cargo where applicable.
2. Perform a daily inspection of the vehicle and ensure that it is mechanically sound and to report any problems or defects to immediate supervisor.
3. Ensure that the vehicle under direct responsibility is thoroughly cleaned and maintained in a good mechanical condition.
4. Ensure that the Vehicle logbook is duly completed on a daily and timely basis free from errors to maintain good records.
5. Ensure that the vehicle is always fuelled on time and make sure that the fuel consumption figures are maintained within the established parameters as set by WFP.
6. Responsible to ensure that the cargo loaded at Origin is safely transported to the Destination free from contamination, losses or damage, and held accountable for the same, will witness loading together with tally clerk and ensure signing and endorsing of Way bill at destination.
7. Held responsible and accountable for vehicle and any tools or equipment given to the driver (and signed for) and ensure that it remains in good condition.
8. Ensure that the vehicle is loaded (metric tonnes) in accordance to the established Payload of the vehicle and under no circumstances to exceed this limit. Cargo must be loaded uniformly and equally distributed for safety reasons.
9. Drive always in a safe and responsible manner with due respect and attention for other vehicles, property
10. Whilst the vehicle is in the workshop the driver shall assist in repairs & maintenance activities as required.
11. Any accident that may occur must be immediately reported to supervisor and or other parties concerned.
12. Driver will only travel to authorised destination and only load authorised cargo, under no circumstance shall deviate from this unless authorised by immediate supervisor.
13. Will perform any other duties as requested by immediate Supervisor.
|Expected output||Performance criteria:
• Ensure that established route turn-around-times (expressed in Days / hours) and distances (expressed in kilometres) are within parameters set as well as respecting the established standard night out allowances, notwithstanding abnormal circumstances, such as security.
• Fuel consumption figures maintained within parameters set.
• Vehicle maintained in good mechanical condition, limited tyre wear free from any breakages in accordance to standards set by the Organisation.
• Cargo loaded, securely and safely, transported from Origin to destination in a secure dry environment and duly received in a good sound condition at the receiving location.
• Complete all Vehicle administrative documents (Vehicle Log books, Way Bills..) accurately and correctly and in turn, hand them over to Traffic Officer on a timely basis.
• Required to report on time for duty as per establish established working hours and sign the time sheet prepared for this purpose.
• Ensure that both loading / un-loading times are kept to a minimum acceptable level and to report any abnormal waiting times.
|Project reporting||Working with:
Will liase and co-operate with all other WFP employees and Cooperating Partners.
|Key competencies||Qualifications & Experience:
• Holder of a valid, clean driving licence in accordance to the vehicle category assigned to drive in accordance to National Regulations.
• Must have had at least 2 years minimum experience preferably 5 years gained in the relevant driver licence category.
- Loss or damage of Cargo, Spares, Tools or Equipment as well as Loss of Fuel in the care of the employee shall be deducted from the salary based on CIF value or Local Market Rate, whichever is prevailing.
- Based on a quarterly Performance Evaluation, the salary payment Grade shall be adjusted accordingly for the new quarter.