|CTG Overview||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position|
In Mali, our client supports the Action Service of the mine action program, which takes its principal resolution SCR 2227 (2015), to contribute to the following objectives, namely:
- Reduce the threat may incur to our client and the UN staff by providing specialized training, equipment and supervision of fighting international engineering teams responsible for EOD and C-IED operations, and the awareness of the UN risks personnel.
- Strengthen national capacities to mitigate the explosive threats through support advice and technical assistance to the Forces of Defense and Security of Mali (MSDS) and advisory support to the national commission against the proliferation of small arms
and small arms (CNLALPC)
- Improving the protection of civilians by supporting and affecting international Demining Operators in priority areas contaminated central and northern Mali for educational operations and risks pollution. Our client is headquartered in Bamako and has six (6)
regional offices; Timbuktu, Gao, Kidal and Mopti, Tessalit, Menaka.
- The Operations and Planning Officer will be working within the our clients Mali joint operations center and will be responsible for the planning, coordination, facilitation and prioritization of all operational activities within our clients Mali program under the supervision of the Chief of Planning & Chief of Operations.
- Oversee and coordinate the implementation, execution and completion of all mine action related operations within our clients program in close coordination with the Chief of Planning.
- Under the supervision of the Chief of Planning, monitor the contracts with all mine action partners to ensure contractual conformity.
- The maintenance, revision and updating of the Standard Working Procedures related to the joint operations center.
- Responsible for all aspects of mine action related activities carried out by staff under your supervision and control.
- Ensure close and effective interaction and coordination of the integral aspects of mine action and IED threat mitigation activities.
- When requested, act as the Investigating Officer for detailed independent investigations or boards of inquiry for mine action related accidents or incidents.
- Debriefing the mine action organizations on QA achievements and QA assessments and ensure that all QA assessment data is captured through the regional QA trackers.
- Assist in the conduct of desk assessment and on site assessments as part of the accreditation process.
- Comprehensive general operational management of our client regional in absence of the Regional Area Coordinator depending on the role which this position will be assigned to within the project administration setup in a specific country/program (i.e. office structure, DOAs, ATLAS functions, segregation of duties, etc.), the incumbent will have responsibilities determined by UN rules and regulations embodied in its regulatory framework. Organizational directives, administrative instructions and other documents as
periodically issued and updated by our client. Reporting lines with regards to compliance with our UN rules and regulations are ultimately to our clients Chief Mine Action Cluster through the respective Portfolio Manager. In addition, division of responsibilities when it comes to administrative processes in support of the program objectives will be as determined for each country office and confirmed in writing by our clients Chief of Mine Action Cluster.
- Other tasks as directed by the Program Manager, Chief of Operations and Chief of Planning.
This role reports to the Chief of Operations.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Science, or related field plus 5 years of relevant
experience required or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 7 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree or Military experience with a minimum of 11 years’ experience in the field of EOD and/or IEDD (Military and/or civilian).
- IEDD Operator qualification by recognized international IEDD Training provider.
- EOD Level 3+ Qualified (required).
- Minimum 7 years of experience in operations management required (military or humanitarian mine action), with at least 4 years proven and applicable experience in management of operations in humanitarian mine action.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience in training, capacity building and quality management required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in counter mine measures/demining, or UXO clearance operations and IEDD.
- Knowledge of the IMAS is required.
- Experience with training foreign nationals in EOD/IEDD techniques desired.
- Recent C-IED operational field experience (within the last 36 months) within a military or civilian governmental program desired.
- Experience with the QA and QC process.
- Knowledge of the UN system and procedures is an asset.
- Computer literacy, in particular experience of using MS Office and IMSMA is an asset.
- 2 years’ experience of working in Africa.
- 2 years’ experience of working in harsh conditions.
- Fluent in English both oral and written (Essential).
- French language is an asset.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the objectives of the organization accountability.
- Accountability: To comply with the organization's rules and procedures.
Ability to Plan & Organize: Identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as required. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
- Analytical Skills: Strong ability to analyse information and work under pressure.
- Communication: Speaks clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Client Orientation: Consider all those to whom the insured services as "clients" and seeks to see things from their perspective. Establish and maintain productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect.
Team management is not part of this role.
- Internationally recognized driving license is required for this role.
- Physically fit and in good health.