|CTG Overview||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position|
Established in 1951, our client is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental & non-governmental partners. With 172 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, our client is dedicated to promoting humane & orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to govt's & migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the shelter/NFI Program Manager & the direct supervision of the Shelter/NFI Operations Officer, the successful candidate will provide support through the activities mentioned in the "Expected Out".
This role reports directly to the Shelter/NFI Operations Officer & is remotely monitored by Shelter/NFI Program Manager.
- Ability to assess & adapt shelter designs to different contexts.
- Ability to monitor large groups of people.
- Good intra-personal skills.
- Willing & able to engage in continuous dialogue with affected populations & its leadership structures as well as other interlocutors & partners of the S/NFI unit.
- Ability to write weekly & monthly reports as required.
- Knowledge of protection.
- Fluency in English & Somali is required, knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel, Internet & Outlook.
- Ability to treat all persons of concern with dignity, respect & without discrimination.
- Operational field experience in Somalia required.
- University Degree preferably in International Relations & Conflict Management from an accredited academic institution with 3 years of relevant professional experience or School diploma with 5 years of experience in humanitarian response or related field.
This role does not have team management responsibility.
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to apply on or before 16.9.2018