|CTG Overview||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position|
Our client supports the federal govt. of Somalia in its efforts to assist with the rehabilitation & reintegration of disengaged combatants & youth at risk. The program focuses on capacity building initiatives for govt. ministries, the running & maintenance of disengaged combatant transition centers, the social & economic reintegration of Disengaged Combatants (DC) & the provision of vocational training & livelihood support to Youth at Risk (YAR) in both Baidoa & Kismayo. The DDR program additionally supports strategic communication efforts across Somalia to promote the effective reintegration & community cohesion for returning disengaged combatants.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the M&E Assistant is responsible for supporting the implementation of the DDR M&E framework, including tracking of program activities and DC/YAR progress with their training, rehabilitation & livelihoods in Kismayo. The M&E Assistant in Kismayo will also provide adhoc support to the maintenance of the DC/YAR information management systems at national level, such as the Information Counselling & Referral System (ICRS), overall program M&E analysis & reporting & the design & implementation of mobile data collection methods.
This role reports to the DDR Program Manager.
- University Degree (to BA/BSC level) in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Statistics, Development Studies or a related field with at least 3 years of relevant work experience or, High School Diploma with at least 5 years of relevant experience working with either the public sector or non-government sector.
- Experience working with statistical applications, mobile data collection platforms & other software packages.
- At least 2 years of demonstrated work experience in implementing M&E activities including designing methods & approaches & carrying out data collection & analysis in relation to donor requirements.
- At least 2 years of experience working the stabilization & or governance sector for a non-governmental body, particularly working with youth at risk or on return & reintegration a considerable advantage.
- Sensitivity & experience in working with vulnerable populations & in handling confidential information.
- Experience in building relationships with a wide range of colleagues & partners.
- Fluent spoken and written skills in English & Somali is required.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for action & manages constructive criticisms.
- Client Orientation: Works effectively well with client & stakeholders.
- Continuous Learning: Promotes continuous learning for self and others.
- Communication: Listens & communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Creativity & Initiative: Actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services.
- Leadership & Negotiation: Develops effective partnerships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Performance Management: Identify ways & implement actions to improve performance of self & others.
- Planning & Organizing: Plans work, anticipates risks & sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Professionalism: Displays mastery of subject matter.
- Teamwork: Contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns & promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness: Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Resource Mobilization: Works with internal & external stakeholders to meet resource needs of our client.
This role does not have team management responsibility.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment & verification of residency, visa & authorizations by the concerned govt., where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance & work permit, as applicable.
- This role will be advertised on CTG website until 30.9.2018.