|CTG Overview||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position|
Under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Head of Office, our client in Sana'a, Yemen, the Field Monitor will provide weekly and periodic reports to the our client's office- Yemen on Human rights violations at the field level. The field monitor has to ensure highest standards of discretion
Support the implementation of an effective monitoring, reporting and response system in accordance with the human rights monitoring objectives. The incumbent will also support the coordination of relevant reports of our client and activities and will be involved in human rights monitoring related activities in a spirit of complementary
|Key competencies||Technical competencies
• Experience working in human rights, international law and rule of law in Yemen or related discipline.
• Knowledge of human rights in Yemen or related discipline;
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills;
• Sound experience in partnership building with clients and external actors;
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
• Be part of and contribute to our client’s objectives in a cooperative way.
• Utilize the competencies detailed in the job description to produce the required outputs
• Communicate with internal clients, service providers etc. to establish facts.
• Be an active learner taking the opportunity to develop own competence.
Knowledge Management and Learning
• Promotes knowledge management and in the project through personal example.
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development
Two years of professional work experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and usage of database system
Proven ability to function effectively under stressful conditions and respond to rapidly evolving circumstances
• A thorough knowledge of UN rules, regulations and procedures will be a significant advantage.
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively throughout the country.
• Impeccable and proven reliability, with an ability to remain focused under pressure with a commitment to hard work over protracted hours.
• Must be team-orientated, with good interpersonal skills and have an ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.