|CTG Overview||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position|
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Programme Manager is responsible for the delivery of a major M&E programme with one of our core clients in Somalia, covering the breadth of the country. He/she will lead the field teams ensuring the M&E methodology and reporting meet the programme requirements. He/she will be responsible for managing the client’s expectations, with weekly and monthly reporting and adapting the programme according to the project goals. He/she will be responsible for managing the field teams and ensuring their Duty of Care.
The position will also oversee trade assessments and logistics monitoring
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- M&E Programme design and implementation
- Quality assurance for the output of the reporting
- Training and development of the field teams
- Movement planning for the field teams taking into account security planning in liaison with our security team
- HR management of the field teams including supporting our recruitment team for interviewing and selection of new hires, inductions, general performance management, issue resolution and general staff welfare
- Oversight and ensure efficient management of administration such as timesheets, payroll, leave management, medical reimbursement etc.
- Act as a focal point, in collaboration with our local security team and our Corporate Crisis Management Team for any emergencies such as a medical evacuation or a major security incident
- Client management and reporting including a weekly project update and a formal monthly performance report using the CTG Project Performance Dashboard and / or any specific client key performance indicators
- Manage the project to a fixed budget, looking to make savings where possible, managing the client’s budget effectively and efficiently
- Help to strengthen the CTG brand in Somalia and act as a key member of the Somalia team
- He/she will be willing to travel to high risk areas (with adequate planning and security arrangements) and will be accustomed to moving around with a ‘low profile’ for optimum personal security
General M&E responsibilities
- As an M&E expert, it is expected that he/she will help the wider CTG business on all matters relating to M&E including the oversight and possible auditing and improvement of other existing M&E programmes
- Internal training and awareness on M&E
- Work with the bid team on new tenders and opportunities for CTG, including writing methodologies and helping the bid team design and respond to M&E tenders (not necessarily in Somalia)
- In short, the M&E expert will be the go-to person for all things M&E within CTG and will look to build this capability across the group which may not be limited solely to the Somalia programme.
General Trade Logistics and Monitoring Responsibilities Ensure that CTG Retail Logistics consultants have the necessary capacity, including training and logistical support, to:
- Ascertain retailer capacity and the state of logistical infrastructure
- Evaluate available logistical capacity in order to determine scalability of retail distribution; and
- Conduct supply chain appraisals in order to identify bottlenecks affecting the flow of goods to retail outlets].
The role reports into the Somalia Country Director for the core duties delivering the Somalia M&E programme and the Retail Logistics project and into the Group Chief Operations Officer for wider M&E projects and expectations.
• Knowledge and understanding of the UN framework
• At least five years of experience with M&E systems including over 3 years in field operations
• Knowledge of Project/Programme M&E and capacity building programs
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in methodology of M&E and Evaluation Processes, including theories, standards and models, quantitative/qualitative/mixed methods, validity/reliability testing of data, data analysis and interpretation, and statistical
• Experience in design and roll out of M&E systems, follow-up on recommendations and dissemination of M&E results is required
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in demography, statistics, and data management is required
• Experience working with humanitarian and development sector preferably with UN organisations in setting up M&E systems is desired
Fluency in written & oral English and basic working knowledge of Somali language
Strategic Perspective - Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.
Integrity & Inclusion - Treats all individuals with respect, responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Leading Self and Others - Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others.
Partnering - Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others.
Results Orientation - Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Agility - Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Solution Focused - Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Effective Communication - Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Management of the overall M&E programme with two deputy programme managers controlling the field teams.
Overall management of the Retail Logistics project, assisted by the Team Leader