Under the overall supervision of the Chief Electoral Adviser & the Project Manager, the national Civic & Voter Education Coordinator, who will be based at the CCMCE, will support the civic & voter education initiative of the CCMCE. Following client approved procedures, s/he will device & implement the plan, which has been jointly developed by CCMCE & partners. The Adviser shall be providing technical assistance & guidance to the CCMCE on planning, developing & implementation of a comprehensive civic and voter education strategy.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Design & implementation of a civic & voter education strategy.
- Coordinate the production & dissemination of civic education materials.
- Establishing relations with relevant stakeholders.
- Continuous assessment of civic education activities.
The Civic & Voter Education Coordinator shall perform the following functions:
Support the implementation of a civic & voter education program:
- Collaboration with the CCMCE in the design & development of culturally inclusive civic/voter education strategy, including dissemination of materials & activities.
- Assist in design & development of culturally & inclusive civic/voter materials through a variety of mediums for potential voters.
- Conduct a mapping of existing capacities to support a civil society civic education program.
Provide guidance to the CCMCE’s outreach & public relations team with civic education, public information to:
- Develop TORs for the procurement of civic & voter education related activities.
- Provide technical advisory support to the CCMCE for the production & dissemination of civic & voter education materials.
- Work closely with selected partners/NGOs in the implementation of the civic/voter education initiative.
Provide regular reporting on the coverage & quality of civic education through:
- The development of monitoring tools for the continuous assessment of levels of Libyans knowledge of electoral related issues among potential voters
- Establish relations with relevant stakeholders & ensure there is close coordination with and among civic/voter education initiatives & other programs carried out by national & international NGOs & other entities.
The following are the key deliverable's expected during & towards the end of the assignment:
|Deliverable's|| ||Work days|
The civic education specialist will provide:
- Inception report including evaluation & methodology.
- Presentations on the conceptual framework, problems identified & analyzed.
- Draft civic education time frame.
- Civic education implementation plan.
- Draft training module.
- Final civic education framework.
- Provide inclusive monthly report.
- Final report to include proposed monitoring mechanism.
|Payments will be done upon submission & approval of monthly reports.|| |