|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
Our client works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
The Chief of Payroll is responsible for the oversight of the global payroll function for all staff in all office locations within our client, ensuring technical, operational and client services results and systems; appropriate application of rules and regulations, policies and procedures in finance and human resources; accuracy of payroll entitlements and ensuring integrity of systems. The Chief of Payroll conducts regular reviews and payroll audits, manages the payroll processing risks, advises senior management on best practices, and coordinates with internal and external stakeholders for timely and accurate provision of analytical and statistical reports.
Payroll function operating from the client Global Shared Service Centre in Budapest is currently responsible for salary and benefits computation and disbursement for approximately 14,000 staff worldwide in over 380 duty stations.
Global Payroll Management and Advisory Functions
Oversight and Exception Management
- Responsible for the global payroll management for all staff worldwide.
- Leads the highest performance and service standards for the payroll section and ensures that the payroll function consistently meets these standards. Ensures productivity improvements to continuously improve service levels and refines payroll processes.
- Leads a service environment that focuses on client orientation, and an open and transparent administration.
- Promotes efficiency and effectiveness through quality management and regular soliciting of client feedback, including customer focus meetings.
- Reviews, develops, recommends, and implements policies and procedures governing the operational control of payroll activities and payment of relevant employee entitlements.
Subject Matter Expertise on Payroll Issues to Users and Clients
- Takes decisions on payroll exceptions as per the financial and human resources policies and within the delegated authority and established internal procedures.
- Facilitates auditing of payroll records by external parties with the agreed frameworks with the donors.
- Reviews and responds to audit queries and observations from internal and external auditors.
- Collaboration, Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes intra-team collaboration, knowledge sharing and learning.
- Proposes enhancements to the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP- SAP) systems with specific emphasis on automation of relevant payroll functions, integration with the relevant case management and business intelligence databases, and simplification of transaction and reporting processes.
Quality assurance of data and processes
- Responsible for planning disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Represents our client in the inter-agency deliberations of payroll and related compensation matters, as designated.
- Recommends and reviews operations to develop common working methods and processes with inter-agency partners.
Leadership and Management of Staff
- Ensures verification checking and control routine are enforced at all times and that integrity is upheld.
- Evaluate existing methods and introduce new measures as required to ensure effective and efficient payroll operations.
- Ensures correct and proper documentation and document retention related to payroll records.
- Leads and develops staff through coaching, mentoring, and ongoing real time feedback.
- Ensures cross-functional collaboration within the payroll team and across functions within the centre.
- Proactively manages employee relations and promotes employee engagement.
- Identifies and oversees opportunities for capacity building and career development for staff in the section.
- Promotes management accountability, performance excellence, inclusive environment and work life balance in the office.
- This position reports to the Senior Executive Leadership Team
|Key competencies||A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible managerial experience in international
Proven experience in global payroll management covering multi country and multi-currency context.
Proven experience in leading and managing large and diverse teams of 20 or more staff.
In-depth functional knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
Demonstrated skills in project management, business process reengineering and improvement, and
service level targets, and performance matrices for internal and external clients.
Superior client orientation, leadership and communication skills.
Ability to develop formal policy and procedures, functional and technical guidance, and business
cases for new initiatives.
Strong written communication skills, including experience preparing reports and presentations for senior audiences
Demonstrated skills in business analysis and business improvement.
Experience in payroll services management in a shared service center context.
Familiarity with the United Nations salaries, allowance and benefits framework.
In-depth knowledge of SAP Payroll functional, technical and customization expertise will be a distinct advantage.
Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
Overall in charge of all payroll functions across the globe
You must have experience in process improvements, innovations, working on large scale projects, managing large teams and multi currency/multi country work experience.