Reporting to the Management Information System (MIS) Specialist, the Biometric Registration Mentor (BRM) is an International Officer that will lead the conceptualization, planning, preparation & monitoring of registration activities. The BRM coordinates with the Pay Team Observers (PTOs) to ensure that beneficiary data are aligned with stipend payments. S/he also conducts formal on the job training to ensure that field teams are operating efficiently. The BRM will assist & support the MIS Specialist with regards to maintaining the necessary registration kits, hardware, software & databases, including the management & delivery of upgrades & procurement or replacement of equipment. Finally, in coordination with the PTOs, s/he will ensure the timely & accurate flow of registration & biometric verification, the establishment of master payment lists, synchronization of data & the upkeep of servers.
Other tasks as required to include:
- Maintain contact with field teams to ensure the timely flow of the project data & remote support of field teams.
- Ensure synergy between policy, strategy, crosscutting issues & regional requirements.
- Assist the MIS Specialist in development of regional, personal & thematic plans to achieve stated goals & objectives, including developing background & contextual components of work plans.
- Troubleshoot & solve problems when issues are encountered at field level to ensure the delivery of quality information.
- Manage gathering of impact, effect & human interest data from the field, including interviews & feedback from beneficiaries, photos, video & interest stories for all activities being undertaken in Somalia. Quality assure this information.
- Prepare reports & correspondence.
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings & other working groups.
- Other duties as required.