|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
Water and sanitation are among the most serious challenges confronting Yemen’s current crisis and its development. Yemen’s water resources are rapidly being depleted and only a small proportion of ground water is self-sustaining. Given the severe and chronic water scarcity challenges in the country, and the fact that domestic water usage constitutes a small and declining share of total usage, access to safe water in Yemen has been consistently low and is at risk of deteriorating further.
The recent humanitarian crisis in Yemen has further aggravated the already deleted situation of the WASH services across the country. In the recent years and more specifically during 2017, Yemen has reported many AWD/suspected cholera cases and witnessed one of the largest outbreaks globally with over 1 million reported cases. Among many other factors, the limited and non-functionality of WASH services, are considered as one of the main cause of such disease outbreaks. Similarly, lack of access to safe drinking water and sanitation systems are the leading causes of child mortality and morbidity, they also contribute to the malnutrition and stunting in Yemen. As per the Humanitarian Need Overview 2018 16.0 million out of 27.4 million are in needs to assistance in Water Sanitation and Hygiene.
Against above mentioned background, our client has revised the programme approach for (2018-19) with an increased investment in WASH programme across Yemen. The planned interventions have enormous investments supported by the international community/donors aligned to YHRP-2018 for preventing Yemen for disease outbreaks through scaling-up the rehabilitation of non-functional WASH facilities. Due to security and other administrate limitation, to further increase programme monitoring and timely assistance particularly in areas not easily accessible to the WASH officers can’t follow up the implementation of activities on the ground, our client is contracting third-part facilitators which assist on real time technical assistance to partners in such location besides assuring programme quality and standards.
The facilitator will work under the guidance and supervision of the respective WASH Specialist/Officer in the assigned geographical areas by performing following tasks:
- Monitors the implementation of project/programme activities, including Annual Work Plan/Project or Activity plan/Contract/PCA; progress reports; and project inputs, and assists in ensuring that the project is implemented in accordance with the plan and standards.
- Assists in implementation and follow-up of project/programme activities related to emergency preparedness and response and on preventative WASH infrastructures.
- Reports on actual or possible deviation from the project/ activity plan (i.e. standard and schedule) and recommends course of corrective actions.
- Physical verification of progress/completion of implementation of project/programme activities.
- Coordinates with the government counterparts/NGOs/CBOs for documentations that are necessary for project/programme implementation; processing of payments; and confirmation/verification of completion of project/programme activity.
- Promote safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services.
- Ensure that action is taken to mitigate priority water and sanitation related health risks.
- Help identify needs for non-food items relevant to hygiene, participate in the choice of items, targeting strategy, promotion of effective use of e, and post-distribution monitoring.
- When needed to supervise WASH activities of partners in line with relevant standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles.
- Supervise Hygiene Promotion activities and resources so that they are implemented and handed over or ended in a way that promotes local capacities and sustainable operations.
- Drafts relevant progress, status, and situational reports on regular basis with recommendations.
- Assists in the procurement and contracting process and the identification and selection of technical supplies and equipment and monitoring of WASH supplies and contracts chain.
- Facilitates and compiles training and orientation materials for those involved in programme implementation, including partners, counterparts, donor and media visits.
- Undertakes any other tasks as requested by Supervisor.
Follow up, Monitoring Field WASH activities
- Reports on the assigned tasks on monthly basis and/as requested
- Collects and analyses data for the Situation Analysis, programme/project planning
Working with People
Drive for Results
• Relating and Networking
• Persuading and Influencing
• Applying Technical Expertise
• Learning and Researching
• Formulating Strategies & Concepts
• Planning and Organizing
This role does not require team management
Interested candidates please apply before 18-04-2019