|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
Our client has been implementing Immigration and Border Management (IBM) programmes since 2007, building the capacity of the Somali authorities in effective immigration and border management in order to promote safe and orderly migration thereby mitigating any security threats. Since 2012, our client has taken on a programme approach to ensure a clear framework of IBM and synergy amongst projects funded by different donor governments. The programme provides technical support under the five thematic focuses: 1) Legislation and policy; 2) Infrastructure and equipment; 3) Border Management Information System; 4) Inter-agency and regional collaboration; and 5) Organisational development and management.
With the growth of IBM programme, the unit responsible for these programmes seeks a proactive individual to follow through and provide technical support in implementation of the programme through reviewing implementation workplans, coordinating the procurement and finance process, in close co-ordination and collaboration with Common Office Service (COS) and Finance units and IBM staff in Nairobi, ensuring trail for the procurement process, tracking shipment and delivery, communication with the vendors, preparing payment requests and registering procurement related data for the programmes given the volume of procurement involved in IBM programme.
The IBM programme is largely and directly implemented by our client without implementing partners and most of the activities in the project will be delivered by the programme staff members assigned to the project. Interacting with multiple Somali authorities whose needs and capacities are at different stages, the programme is funded by different donor governments and requires macro- and micro-level attention to the political, security and socio-economic landscapes of Horn of Africa and Somalia.
Our client seeks a proactive candidate for an IBM Programme assistant to be based in Mogadishu, and manage the day to day programmatic administrative implementation of the said project. The Programme Assistant is expected to assist with administrative implementation of IBM activities in planning and implementation
|Key competencies||IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Political, Social Science or Business Administration, International Relations, Law, Labour relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
University degree in the above fields with three years of relevant professional experience.
At least two years of professional work experience with United Nations Agency, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) or in the private sector in management of supplies, logistics or administration.
Proficient in computer software: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Words, Excel and Internet Explorer). In particular, strong command of Excel is required.
• Experience in working in Somalia;
• Experience in project implementation;
• Strong IT skills, specifically hands-on experience in usage of MS Office and social media channels.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of our client( optional depending on position level)