|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
The post of Humanitarian Officer, is located in Hajjah in Yemen and reports to the Head of Hub, Hodeida
The primary function of the Humanitarian Officer will be to ensure quality implementation of the RH, Women protection and RRM activities in Hajjah. our client leads the RRM which distributes dignity kits, hygiene kits and ready to eat food rations to populations fleeing fighting within 72 hours of trigger. Our client implements women protection activities in Hajjah, including multi-sectoral services. It also implements RH activities in terms of supporting health facilities. S/he will develop strong, collaborative relationships across the organization and with external partners especially WHO, UNICEF, WFP and partner NGOs; ensure the application of effective monitoring and evaluation principles; identify gaps and challenges in programming and field resources and contribute technical knowledge to ensure effective implementation of our client's programme.
Reports to the Head of Hub, Hodeida
|Key competencies||Programme Implementation
• Contribute to the inclusion of RH, GBV and RRM issues in humanitarian needs assessments and plans at the hub level.
• Coordinate forecasting of adequate amounts of RRM kits for the three leading RRM partners
• Propose interventions in RH and GBV, based on emerging and existing needs, and follow-up on their implementation.
Coordination and Partnership:
• Convene regular meetings at the hub level for RRM distributors to discuss updates, challenges and gaps for the project implementation.
• Attend relevant inter-agency meetings at the Hajjah level where GBV, RH and RRM updates are required
• Establish a close working relationships with government and relevant authorities
• Maintain good relationship with the distributing IPs and community leaders in Hajjah.
• Ensure inclusiveness for the all the target beneficiaries.
• Maintain formal and non-formal resources for the IDPs movement and conduct information triangulation before sharing it.
Monitoring and reporting:
• Contribute to the monitoring of RH and GBV interventions, and distribution of the RRM kits to the end- users in Hajjah.
• Monitor and analyze the field developments based on triggers and other sources to track the IDPs trends for proper planning to delivery emergency response.
• Contribute to periodic reports including SitReps on the status of client interventions.
• Conduct field visits to client-supported sites for spot check.
Any Other Duties
• Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor
|The Humanitarian officer maintain collaborative relationship with Humanitarian specialist/ Head of hub, RH and GBV coordinators in Hodeida and specialists in Sana’a, Humanitarian coordinator, client partners, UN agencies, Government and de-facto authorities, sub cluster leads in Hajjah, client hub and CO colleagues, other humanitarian I/NGOs and community leaders operating in the area of responsibility.|
- Bachelor or Diploma qualifications in international relations/humanitarian law, social anthropology or related fields;
Knowledge and Experience:
Required Values/ Competencies: Values:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in humanitarian and relief operations specially in emergency response.
- Experience in emergency response for IDPs is essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of UN humanitarian relief operations and procedures is essential.
- Good knowledge for the assigned geographic scope is essential.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills is required.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to our client and the UN system
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
Functional Skill Set:
- Being accountable to achieving results
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships
- Communicating for impact.
- Providing strategic focus
- Engage internal/external partners
- Leading, developing and empowering people
- Create a culture of performance.
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
- Strategically positioning Client Programme
- Languages: Fluency in Arabic and Good working English is required.