|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
Experienced and qualified marine specialist with vast knowledge and training experience working with operators, crews, local capacities in remote locations.
Train local boat operators and increase existing capacity in different fields.
Below are the trainings which consultant required to undertake but training cannot be limited to these, if need arise consultant require to take additional trainings if need arises
- Consultant will be responsible to undertake the boat capacity assessment of South Sudan, he/she will be responsible for identifying the boats which is in good river worth condition and acceptable as a minimum safety standard, carry out triage of existing boats.
- He/She will be responsible to identify crew to operate the boats and at the same time increase the capacity of crew with different trainings
- He/She will be responsible to review and analysis the current resources ( boats & crew).
- Develop Standard Operating Procedure ( SOP) for crew and boat movement
- Develop checklist to determine the minimum standard acceptability level for equipment
- To develop and implement Boat and Cabin crew training programmes that meet minimum l standards whilst ensuring the highest level of safety and quality.
- To maintain an effective system for monitoring the valid status of boat crew certificates, training records.
- To produce training budget for the Operations, manage and operate training requirements within budget and always seek for the best training delivery methods. If required
- To formulate technical training strategy and technical development based on both business and technical staff requirements.
- Keep records and details of all the trainings completed;
- Produce detailed report of all the trainings completed, key outcomes, expectations and improvements achieved;
- Monitor performance of these trained crew in live setting and continue to guide and support them with necessary information – guidance and technical skills.
- To produce training materials, manuals, programs and documentation for each course offered.
- To develop and implement training programmes to cover induction, safety of crew on board.
- To develop and implement regular refresher training to all crew across all subjects to allow crew to be the best trained.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators for the boats – river convoys – crew and convoys
- Safety Trainings
- River Survival Training
- Fire Fighting Trainings
- Documents Management Training
- Navigation Training
- Equipment Training
- Boat Maintenance Training
Number of training conducted
Number of crew trained
Number of refresher training conducted
|Key competencies||• Extensive Maritime experience (essential)
• Management/ training experience
• A good understanding of the Health & Safety and legislative requirements of a business