|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
Under the overall supervision of the Migration Management Officer and Identity and Border management (IBM) Project Officer, and under the direct supervision of the Snr Network & Systems Assistant, the successful candidate’s primary role will be to provide database development and management support to all components of the Migration Management Division’s (MMD) IBM projects notably the Beneficiary Registration System within the Sustainable Human Settlement in Urban Areas to Support Reintegration in Afghanistan (SHURA).
- Assist in developing and pilot testing information technology solutions related to biometric applications and document management solutions in the migration sector for each component of the project.
- Supporting the key project staff in liaison with relevant governmental, non-governmental entities (NGOs), international organizations as well as other relevant stakeholders where the issues strongly intersect with information technology, data and biometric system planning and implementation.
- Research, compile and analyse information from professional sources on possible best options and approaches for information technology and data management options that respond to the needs of the project.
- Assisting in timely implementation of project activities.
- Contribute to donor reporting, for aspects directly relating to the information technology and data management issues.
- Ensuring proper documentation and inventory of project’s information technology assets, and assisting in asset handover documentation.
- Assist in developing training materials and handouts.
- Assist in providing training to system end users.
- Assisting in the monitoring and evaluation of project activities, as pertains specifically to the information technology aspects.
- Assisting in the preparation and implementation of the information technology and data management aspects of project seminars, trainings, conferences, workshops, meetings and presentations related to the project.
- Undertaking duty travel when necessary in support of the implementation of the project.
- Providing general support to the development of new related projects based on identified needs during project implementation, for the information technology and data management aspects.
- Follow IOM’s best practices and standards of behaviour.
- Ensure compliance with IOM’ Data Protection Principles at all time
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
|Key competencies||The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Three years experiences with Networking (TCP/IP, routing, switching), network services (active directory, DHCP, DNS, WINS), operating systems at workstation (Windows 8, Windows 10) and server level (Windows 2008/2012), database (MS Server 2014/2017,MongoDB).
• Extensive knowledge of: Windows 2012 server software in a multi-site environment, TCP/IP, Proxy and Cisco Router Configuration, MS Office 2013 Professional, Office 365.
• Experience with HP/Compaq, IBM, Cisco and Siemon equipment.
• Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker or VMware preferred but not required
• Experience in application development and administration is an extra advantage.
• Ability to design and configure networks.
• Experience in working in an international organization.