Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Health Program Coordinator of the Migration Health Division (MHD), under the technical supervision of the Health Project Officer the & in close collaboration with other units of IOM Somalia, the Program Assistant will support the migration health program in Somalia, by providing assistance on program planning, implementation, financial tracking & reporting. In particular, the Program Assistant will be responsible to:
- Provide constant support to the work of field staff, implementing partners & service providers for the entire MHD program in over 23 project sites in 8 regions throughout Somalia.
- Follow up on implementation of projects to ensure effective & timely delivery of the basic services.
- Support implementing partners & service providers to ensure procurement of the health supplies & payments are made timely.
- Ensure inventory management of health supplies & asset movements in close collaboration with COS team, field team & service provider.
- Ensure compiling of project documents, references & partners’ financial documents.
- Follow up with field team & finance unit to ensure preparation & liquidation imprest/petty cash are done according procedures & timely manner.
- Support to identify the needs & gaps of health interventions among the beneficiaries in Somalia in close relationship with health implementing partners, relevant clusters & authorities.
- Ensure & provide support daily operations & monitoring of the entire MHD program activities.
- Support conducting appropriate monitoring, evaluation, review & quality.
- Assist to build the capacity of national stakeholders through training & other capacity building activities.
- Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by Health Program Coordinator.