Consultant Role objectives
1. General construction
• Plan and coordinate work activities with the Project Manager.
• Take timely action to prevent potential delays and/or cost overruns that can be avoided.
• Report and recommend remedial actions regarding potential delays and/or cost overruns to the Project Manager.
• Provide supervision of project work progress and quality for on-time project delivery.
• Monitor contractor presence on the project site, including Bill of Quantities (BoQ) as per approved contract.
• Provide data and information about project work to Project Manager for reporting purposes.
• Provide daily/weekly/monthly reports to the Project Manager detailing all project matters including quality, health and safety, environmental and financial, as well as any issues relating to possible delays, cost overruns, variations and any other matter as agreed with the Project Manager
2. Feasibility study/need assessment
• Complete needs assessment, organize preliminary studies and monitor/supervising consultants.
• Support the review of requests for new construction and rehabilitation works.
• Carry out assessments and prepare reports with recommendations for follow up actions.
• Assist the Project Manager in redacting the tender dossier, with particular focus to the technical documents (drawings, BoQ, technical specification and standards)
3. Design Management
• Assist the Project Manager to outline design requirements (e.g. timeline) to procure design services, including concept, preliminary and final stages where applicable.
• Assist the Design Practitioner to manage the design plan ensuring deliverable are available on time, and to the required quality.
• Prepare the BoQ for comment and approval by the Project Manager.
• Assist the procurement team with technical assistance in preparation of tender documentation and bid analysis where required.
4. Construction supervision
• As tasked by the Project Manager, supervise construction works and administer works execution as per the contractual provisions and the design specifications.
• Ensure quantity/quality control and time schedule consistency.
• Verify that works are consistent with the project technical specifications and inform promptly of eventual deviations.
• Support the overall management of works implementation to ensure constructions works are completed on time, within budget and to quality standards.
• Provide regular supervision of the project work progress and quality for on time delivery.
• Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of project/contracts related documentations such as periodic progress reports, site monitoring reports, stake holder meeting minutes, engineer’s instructions and variation orders, contractor’s bills review reports, certifications, client hand-over documents and contracts close-out reports.
• Ensure Client Health Safety and Environment standards are adopted by the contractors.
• Oversee surveying works, engineering control of the works etc.
5. Knowledge management
• Assist in providing training and technology transfer to national personnel and contractor’s personnel and advice on good construction practices, good environmental management practices, and appropriate health and safety standards during construction
• Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for development planning and knowledge building.
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Site Engineer directly impacts on achievement of the projects and consequently reinforces the visibility and image of our client as an effective service provider in project services and management and strengthens its competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services