|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
II. Organizational Context and Scope
IOM, with financial assistance of the European Union, developed the 4-year Reintegration and Development Assistance in Afghanistan (RADA) project to support sustainable reintegration of returnees within their communities of return. RADA is implemented in eight provinces of high return (Baghlan, Balkh, Herat, Kabul, Kandahar, Kunar, Laghman and Nangarhar) with an integrated approach to the economic, social and psychosocial aspects of reintegration at both the individual and community levels. At the structural level, technical assistance supports national and sub-national Afghan government authorities to strengthen their capacity to plan, manage and facilitate reintegration.
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager and the direct supervision of the RADA National Programme Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the successful implementation of the IOM Afghanistan managed, EU (DEVCO) funded project “Reintegration and Development Assistance in Afghanistan” (RADA) in Kabul province.
S/he will support the timely and effective implementation of project activities, notably in the field of community-based reintegration and development, aimed at fostering sustainable reintegration by increasing productivity, diversifying livelihoods and stimulating entrepreneurship, employment and employability. Based in the IOM Kabul office with extensive travel to field locations, s/he will work in close cooperation with local authorities, community representatives and implementing partners.
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support the overall implementation of the IOM Afghanistan managed, EU (DEVCO) funded project “Reintegration and Development Assistance in Afghanistan” (RADA) in a timely and effective manner in Kabul province in line with IOM and donor administrative rules, regulations and procedures during implementation;
- Assist with the implementation of the psychosocial support and reintegration activities of the RADA project including the coordination with implementing partners, establishment of (internal and external) referral mechanisms, and implementing and tracking of activities to ensure achievements of targets.
- Ensure inclusiveness and gender-sensitive approaches in all project activities, including mobilization of female participants throughout community-based activities and participation of women in community dialogue and consultation.
- Work in close coordination and cooperation with implementing partners, relevant government entities; civil society groups; Community Development Councils; UN agencies; international organizations; and private sector actors in Kabul province.
- Work in close coordination and cooperation with different units within IOM Afghanistan to ensure efficient delivery of project activities, notably the protection unit procurement, logistics, ICT, security; as well as with other project staff, notably M&E and communications and reporting, in Kabul.
- Facilitate and contribute to adequate monitoring, analysis and reporting on trends and information on returns and reintegration in Kabul province.
- Facilitate the arrangement of meetings; staff travel; and other logistical issues; prepare purchase requests, payment requests, vouchers and other necessary documents concerning project implementation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide inputs to the drafting of contracts, budgets, translation of required materials (e.g. training materials) and other related documentation in coordination other IOM Afghanistan staff as needed.
- Undertake site visits and duty travel as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Key competencies||IV. COMPETENCIES:
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct;
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate;
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Must demonstrate a good understanding of the flow of migration and type of displacement in Afghanistan, including the organizational mandate for dealing with these types of beneficiaries.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of IOM’s finance and procurement regulations, as well as relevant donor regulations
• Must demonstrate a good understanding of psychosocial and mental health issues related to migration and reintegration, and of national mental health policies and priorities, be able to cascade this understanding to other team members;
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of standard office software for reporting purposes including Microsoft Word products: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.