|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
II. Organizational Context and Scope
IOM, with financial assistance of the European Union, developed the 4-year Reintegration and Development Assistance in Afghanistan (RADA) project to support sustainable reintegration of returnees within their communities of return. RADA is implemented in eight provinces of high return (Baghlan, Balkh, Herat, Kabul, Kandahar, Kunar, Laghman and Nangarhar) with an integrated approach to the economic, social and psychosocial aspects of reintegration at both the individual and community levels. At the structural level, technical assistance supports national and sub-national Afghan government authorities to strengthen their capacity to plan, manage and facilitate reintegration.
Under the direct supervision of the RADA project manager and the overall supervision of the senior programme coordinator, the successful candidate will support all communication, reporting and visibility efforts of the IOM Afghanistan managed, EU (DEVCO) funded project “Reintegration and Development Assistance in Afghanistan” (RADA).
S/he will be responsible for supporting overall communication and visibility activities, ensuring timely and comprehensive reporting and developing a broad range of communication messages and materials, disseminating results, lessons learned and evidence-based policy recommendations on sustainable reintegration activities in Afghanistan.
Based in the IOM Kabul office with extensive travel to field locations, s/he will work in close coordination with IOM Afghanistan’s Public Information Officer and work in close cooperation with all project partners including participants, community representatives and IOM and implementing partners’ field-based staff.
III. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support the timely and effective implementation of the Communication & Visibility strategy, the compliance with donor-specific guidelines related to communication and reporting, and the effective fulfilment of all reporting obligations and activities in line with the RADA project workplan and stated objectives to foster sustainable reintegration in Afghanistan;
- Produce a diverse range of written materials including factsheets, newsletters, reports, press releases, ensuring translation of content from English to Dari and Pashto as needed.
- Develop, through creative and innovative methods, and disseminate visual storytelling packages, create online content and meaningful engagement with different target audiences on platforms such as IOM Afghanistan’s website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Advise staff in Kabul and sub-offices on public information issues and provide mentoring on the production of audio-visual content whenever necessary.
- Compile regular and ad hoc progress reports, information and communication materials by reviewing project activities, highlighting achievements and challenges, lessons learned and providing representative charts and graphs to display outputs/outcomes.
- Travel extensively and perform duties in target provinces (Baghlan, Balkh, Herat, Kabul, Kandahar, Kunar, Laghman and Nangarhar) as needed.
- Participate in the development and delivery of trainings and organizing events related to awareness raising and information sharing on relevant topics such as return, reintegration and migration under the supervision of project manager and the public information officer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Key competencies||IV. COMPETENCIES:
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible;
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct;
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes;
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate;
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
• Strong experience with reporting, communications and tailoring messages to different audiences.
• Strong experience with graphic design and producing high quality audio, photo and video materials.
• Strong experience with developing social media content and proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Dreamweaver and Lightroom,
• Working experience with content editing platforms including Adobe Suite, primary Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Audition, as well as Final Cut Pro and other multimedia editing software is an advantage.