This is a full time position based in Kismayo. The specific tasks include:
- Help beneficiaries identify personal strengths & skills based on educational background, employment history & career goals.
- Provide beneficiaries with information & strategies for excelling in the workplace & dealing with job dissatisfaction.
- Identify individual barriers to employment & assess need for further training.
- Assist beneficiaries with job readiness skills, job search strategies, writing resumes & preparing for job interviews.
Develop & provide classroom teaching to implement a business development & entrepreneurship curriculum to teach young men with low literacy how to:
- Generate a business idea, start & manage a business & / or improve a business individually, as a shareholder, or as a cooperative.
- Support beneficiaries in pursuing self employment & cultivate a culture of entrepreneurship.
- Provide mentorship, counselling & coaching to beneficiaries’ business startups.
Livelihood focal point:
- Collect labor market information to identify job opportunities for beneficiaries.
- Visit businesses & educational institutions (including other UN agencies & NGOs) to identify job opportunities & educational / capacity building opportunities for beneficiaries.
- Develop relationships with private & public sector to create linkages for job placement opportunities for beneficiaries.
- Supervise the work of Vocational Trainers & Life Skills & Financial Literacy Trainer.
- Create, update & maintain training materials, manuals, handouts, practice exercises & administrative documentation.
- Maintain standardized student assessments & record keeping system for student progress & attendance.
- Work with Social Workers to ensure that student case files are maintained properly & student progress reports are reviewed periodically to reflect individual progress towards goals.
- Participate in needs & interest assessments & regularly monitor beneficiaries’ well being & needs.
- Establish rapport / trust with beneficiaries.
- Integrate a variety of teaching strategies & curriculum content.
- Give explanations, reasonable & appropriate assignments & directions clearly.
- Organize the classroom to contribute to the learning process.
- Perform other duties related to the DDR program as assigned by supervisor.