|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
Our client and Federal Government of Somalia’s National Programme for the Treatment and Handling of Disengaged Combatants are seeking experienced Center Manager who will manage the day to day operations of the Female Transition centre in Baidoa. Under the overall supervision of the field coordinator, the Centre Manager will oversee the work of centre staff and provide day to day guidance.
The position sits within the Federal Government of Somalia’s National Programme for the Treatment and Handling of Disengaged Combatants and is co-managed by DRP/Southwest State government and our client with dual reporting requirements
- Support the establishment and running of a transitioning centre in Baidoa and provide managerial oversight for the rehabilitation/reconstruction and running of the centre including security, staff training and administrative functions.
- In consultation with the Project Assistant provide administrative support to the centre including financial oversight of all disbursements and other administrative undertakings of the centre
- Assist the Project Assistant in monitoring and reporting on the day to day running and activities of the transition centre
- Assist with registration and socioeconomic profiling of transitioning centre clients.
- Supervise all administrative support staff at the centre, including the security guards, cleaning staff, and caterers, and report all incidences to the Project Assistant and other concerned parties
- Participate in the development and assist with the coordination of training activities designed to assist with the transitioning of youth at risk to alternative livelihoods.
- In close consultation with the Project Manager and the Project Assistant promote human rights standards and norms, traditional dispute resolution, and viable return and reintegration initiatives following transitioning initiatives.
- Monitor budget expenditures with regard to clients support to the transition centre and Monitor / report to client’s management any security incidents and abide by security regulations.
- Act as the key person for the female centre Baidoa by managing and overseeing all the operational activities at the centre.
- Closely work with DRP Regional and National focal points to address improve implementation and find solutions for the outstanding and pending activities.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Project Manager or Project Assistant in consultation and coordination with the district authorities
National Project Assistant/DRP
|Key competencies||VI. COMPETENCIES
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
This role does not have team management responsibility
- Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to qualified female candidates.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- POSITION CLOSES ON 18 AUG 2019