|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
Our client is one of the major humanitarian organizations in Somalia providing integrated humanitarian services including provision of health, nutrition and WASH services targeting migrants and their affected communities. It is currently implementing an Integrated Health and Nutrition Programme across all the regions throughout Somalia. In this context, our client is seeking to recruit a highly competent dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented Nutritionist to oversee the implementation of nutrition programmes across the country.
Under the supervision of the Health Programme Coordinator of the Migration Health Division (MHD) and under the technical supervision of the Health Programme Officer and in close collaboration with other units of our client in Somalia, the Nutrition Officer will provide effective management, coordination and supervision of client nutrition interventions with the aim of improving nutritional status of target population across all OTP, TSFP and primary healthcare sites.
The Nutrition Officer will have the following responsibilities
- Provide technical and managerial support in planning and implementation of client's integrated nutrition programme.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee the nutrition activities at the OTP facilities (including referrals) and ensure cluster treatment guidelines are followed.
- Map and ensure functioning of referral networks between OTPs, therapeutic supplementary feeding programmes, and stabilization centres in each project location
- Provide robust technical monitoring of program implementation at the project sites.
- Monitor stock of nutrition commodities and supplies across OTP sites, and ensure that requisition for replenishment is submitted by OTP sites in a timely manner to avoid stockouts.
- Monitor performance of seconded Ministry of Health and partner staff. Ensure that monthly attendance sheets are submitted in time from all sites.
- identify staff training needs.
- Support implementation of effective community engagement strategies and develop mechanisms for accountability to beneficiaries.
- Set up and facilitate regular project review meetings at each project site.
- In coordination with the MHD M&E Officer and Health Coordinator/Officer, input into and implement the project’s monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Work with MHD M&E Officer and Health Coordinator/Officer to develop and implement baseline surveys, midline and endline outcome evaluations, and operational research studies.
- Collate and analyse nutrition data, generate and submit regular program reports, and contribute to donor reports.
- Participate in Nutrition Cluster and other external meetings related to nutrition programming.
- Establish and strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders including beneficiary communities, state and federal government, donors, United Nations (UN) agencies, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) related to nutrition programming.
- Identify project development opportunities on the ground.
- Undertake duty travel when required.
- Conduct additional tasks as assigned by the supervisor
Health Programme Coordinator
|Key competencies||VI. COMPETENCIES
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of our client.
This role does not have team management responsibility.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable
POSITION CLOSES 21ST AUGUST 2019