|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
The goal of the Facilities Management Assistance (FMAP) is to strengthen the governance structure and enhance the organizational capability and performance of the High Judicial Council (HJC) to develop and efficiently operate and manage its facilities - owned and leased courthouses and administration offices, to meet the needs and requirements of the different types of users and occupants of these facilities, with particular emphasis on gender responsiveness and environmental sustainability .
UNOPS received funding from the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development “DFATD”, to implement the Facilities Management Capacity Building Project as a temporary technical assistance project, to build the capacity of the Facilities Management function at the Palestinian High Judicial Council .
In recognition of the need for improved facilities management, the High Judicial Council received approval from the President of the Palestinian Authority in January 2018 to create within its organization a new systemic Facilities Management Unit (FMU); the new unit will require capacity-building at the level of human resources, organizational policies and systems, and provision of material. The project implementation period is from 1st April 2018 until 31st March 2021.
The expert will be an expert in planning, organizing and coordinating study tours for public sector professionals outside their home environment, particularly to other MENA region countries and will have demonstrated experience in achieving impressive results in similar skills training and capacity building initiatives.The functional role is divided as follows:
- Technical consultancy to lead overall study tour design and coordination, and stakeholder relations.
Duties & Tasks The expert will be responsible for carrying out the following tasks and duties:
- Skills and knowledge-transfer consultancy in tour programme design and integrating specific briefings on management systems and local experience, standards and practices in facilities management.
- Coordination assistant to organize scheduling, follow paper work and daily coordination with logistical provider and with host institutions and relevant authorities
DeliverablesThe contractor will be responsible for providing the following deliverables in coordination and agreement with the project manager:
- PROGRAM DESIGN & COORDINATION: Technical consulting for developing study tour program, Identification of main target/host institutions (courthouses and other related institutions) and of key stakeholders to meet (unions, representatives of key sectors and professions involved etc.)
- Identification of possible expert and academic support for subject matter presentation
- Preliminary scheduling for meetings with Turkish counterparts in Istanbul, checking availability of various host organizations
- Arranging meetings with counterparts, including follow up with the relevant authorities, arranging site visits, accompanying the group during meetings and site visits.
- KNOWLEDGE & SKILL TRANSFER: Provide subject matter consulting during the program, offering necessary training / presentations / briefings on Facilities Management and related topics.
- SUPPORT IN COORDINATING LOGISTICS SERVICES: Assisting in coordinating and overseeing the selected local logistical operator (agency that provides transportation, accommodation, meals, stationary, local translator and other logistical services).
- Draft a plan and timeline for designing, implementing and evaluating the study tour
- Finalizing and confirming the study tour plan and schedule with all stakeholders
- Implementing the study tour
- Post study tour assessments of outcomes - new skills and insights gained by the participants - and their personal evaluations and action plans to integrate their new learnings in their work.
Report to Project Manager
|Key competencies||Education and Experience
Advanced university degree in public administration, organizational development or a related discipline.
Certificate in learning, training and development, training design, professional coaching and mentoring or a related knowledge and skill transfer subject.
10+ years of direct experience in leading public administration, development management initiatives, or a similar field with a strong public sector management focus
At least seven (7) years’ experience should be directly related to management training and capacity building
5+ years management experience in public service agencies
Experience and knowledge of the principles, methodologies and best practices of training and capacity building of planners and managers of public services
Ability to transfer know-how and clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail; and determination to meet deadlines.
Excellent communications and networking skills.
Flexible and adaptable; able to work in challenging situations
Problem solving and root cause identification skills
Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
Experience in the Middle East is desirable
Applicants must be fluent in written and verbal Arabic and English