The Expert will be an expert in planning, organizing & coordinating study tours for public sector professionals outside their home environment, particularly to other MENA region countries & will have demonstrated experience in achieving impressive results in similar skills training & capacity building initiatives.
The functional role is divided as follows:
- Technical consultancy to lead overall study tour design & coordination & stakeholder relations.
- Skills & knowledge transfer consultancy in tour program design & integrating specific briefings on management systems & local experience, standards & practices in facilities management.
- Coordination assistant to organize scheduling, follow paper work & daily coordination with logistical provider & with host institutions & relevant authorities.
Duties & tasks:
The Expert will be responsible for carrying out the following tasks & duties:
- Program design & coordination: Technical consulting for developing study tour program, identification of main target/host institutions (courthouses & other related institutions) & of key stakeholders to meet (unions, representatives of key sectors and professions involved etc.). Identification of possible Expert & academic support for subject matter presentation. Preliminary scheduling for meetings with Turkish counterparts in Istanbul, checking availability of various host organizations. Arranging meetings with counterparts, including follow up with the relevant authorities, arranging site visits, accompanying the group during meetings & site visits.
- Knowledge & skill transfer: Provide subject matter consulting during the program, offering necessary training/presentations/briefings on facilities management & related topics.
- Support in coordinating logistics service: Assisting in coordinating & overseeing the selected local logistical operator (agency that provides transportation, accommodation, meals, stationary, local translator & other logistical services).
The contractor will be responsible for providing the following deliverable's in coordination & agreement with the Project Manager:
- Draft a plan & timeline for designing, implementing & evaluating the study tour.
- Finalizing & confirming the study tour plan & schedule with all stakeholders.
- Implementing the study tour.
- Post study tour assessments of outcomes, new skills & insights gained by the participants & their personal evaluations & action plans to integrate their new learning's in their work.