|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
- Since 2016, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) has been supporting migration health initiatives in Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Within its Health Border & Mobility Management (HBMM) framework, IOM delivers & promotes comprehensive, immediate & long term preventive & curative health programs which are beneficial, accessible & equitable for migrants, mobile population & other vulnerable & hard to reach populations. IOM works within existing health framework & with govt. authorities & Health, WASH & Protection cluster coordination mechanism. IOM provides travel health assessments, emergency lifesaving assistance & health system strengthening which has been disrupted by long term conflict, distance & other accessibility issues in DRC.
- IOM supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) to strengthen health service capacity at the border points to effectively prevent, detect & respond to the infectious diseases & other public health threads. IOM provides, integrated surveillance & disease control training for the front line health staff working in border areas, necessary medical & health commodities for the border posts, analyses & reports on population mobility trends in priority health zones to inform preparedness efforts, as well as risk communication assistance to sensitize cross border population & neighboring communities. IOM is an active partner of the MOH in supporting point of entry surveillance during outbreaks, including the current 10th Ebola outbreak in North Kivu (2018 - 2019).
- Under the direct supervision of the Migration Health Coordinator & overall supervision of the Migration Health Program Manager & Chief of Mission (COM) the successful candidate will be responsible & accountable for the strengthening implementation of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) response & preparedness related activities in their geographic area of concern.
- Oversee all IOM’s daily activities in relation to the EVD outbreak response in the designated area of the duty station.
- Ensure daily management, supervision & building capacity of the IOM’s Ebola response team working in the Area of Responsibility (AOR) & composed of National Program Officer(s), Field Assistant(s), Logistic Assistant & Information Management Assistant(s).
- Support the identification & mobilization of logistical & human resources needed to respond to the EVD epidemic in a timely & effective manner, in coordination with the Migration Health Coordinator for Ebola.
- In coordination with IOM Displacement Tracking Matrix team & the National Program Officers, MHO will take lead on Population Movement Mapping (PMM) & ensure flow monitoring is conducted according to the SOP/guidelines.
- Ensure regular reporting (i.e. consolidate weekly field reports from field team) on IOM activities including key performance indicators & share important developments in relation to the evolution of the EVD outbreak to the MHC in Kinshasa.
- Ensure required technical, logistic, information management & financial support is provided to IOM’s govt. partner, PNHF & the MOH, to ensure prevention, control & surveillance measures are being implemented in the field at POE & POC level, in line with National SOP & International Health Regulations (2005).
- Ensure quality that the quality of services is improved at the point of entry & point of control in coordination with NPO, PMHF Supervisors & Senior Field Assistants.
- Work with the MHC & Logistics Officer in Kinshasa to establish a supply chain management system to monitor POE/POC material consumption & ensure efficient use of resources donated by IOM.
- Under the technical guidance of the MHC & in coordination with the NPO & WASH Officer, ensure adequate WASH & risk communication activities are implemented at POE/POC levels. Depending on funding available & IOM strategic orientations & internal capacity, identify & refer related gaps to relevant response coordination mechanisms (commissions), mobilize relevant implementing partners or directly implement required activities.
- Represent IOM key coordination forums such as the National Strategic Coordination Commission & other sub commissions as relevant in coordination with National Epidemiologists, liaise & coordinate with national & international health & development assistance authorities in your respective geographical area regarding planning & response measures for EVD, key counterparts may include the MOH, National Border Health & Hygiene, WHO, UNICEF, UNPOL / MONUSCO & other stakeholders.
- With the guidance of the MHC, prepare relevant documents (procurement & movement plans, purchase request, payment request, etc.) to ensure that material & financial resources required for the EVD response are made available in a timely manner. Keep a record of the documents submitted to contribute to budget monitoring.
- Contribute to IOM resource mobilization by providing substantive inputs on needs, opportunities, implementing partners, operational strategies & financial requirements.
- Liaise with IOM Security Officer & Officers UNDSS in the region, civilian & military govt. authorities, tribal leaders, village councils, militias & others to ensure security for all IOM Ebola response team members & sub contractors, enforcing the mission security regulations to protect mission staff & property.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
This role works under the direct supervision of the Migration Health Coordinator & overall supervision of the Migration Health Program Manager & Chief of Mission (COM).
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in project management OR Bachelors Degree in the above fields with 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in management of humanitarian or development programs, preferably in the public health field.
- Previous experience in disease outbreak settings & conflict settings preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Office applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Internet Explorer.
- Fluency in French (written & oral) & working knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of Kiswahili or other local languages is desirable.
- Inclusion & respect for diversity: Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity & transparency: Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules & standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgment in meeting day to day challenges.
Core competencies – behavioral indicators:
- Teamwork: Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner; is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing & sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
This role involves team coordination & supervision.