|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
Our Client's mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Our client offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.Currently, Somalia operations are largely focused on assisting partners with the implementation of physical infrastructure projects including the construction and rehabilitation of public administration infrastructure. Our client plays a crucial role in supporting the Somali Government and the UN Assistance Mission in Somalia.
The Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) has requested the African Development Bank (AfDB) to provide funds to Somalia for capacity development of the Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Reconstruction (MPWHR) and sub-Federal State level administrative bodies (hereafter referred to as States’ Administrations or States), thereby enabling them to fulfil their mandates.
The Project has been developed and ready for implementation starting in January 2017 for 3 years duration with a project budget of approximately US$7 million. The Project is called the Somalia : Strengthening Institutions for Public Works Project (SSIPWP)
AfDB has now contracted our client to implement the Project that will primarily focus on capacity development of MPWHR and relevant Public Works State Ministries.Our client is now seeking to recruit a Project Manager for the Project.
|Under the guidance and supervision of our client, the Project Manager will be responsible for the overall project implementation, provide support/advice for the institutional strengthening and capacity development of MPWRH. |
The Project Manager is to continually review progress and the MPWRH organization structure to ensure the most efficient and cost effective model for MPWRH and incorporate lessons learnt for the future.
The Project Manager is to provide capacity building support to the MPWRH in the functions required by the Ministry for technical, administration and management skills development.
|· Under the guidance of our client, the Project Manager is to make all necessary coordination with the Ministry of Public Works Rehabilitation and Housing (MPWRH) to design, prepare and implement activities, including resource and budget allocation, planning and procurement for goods and services required for the institutional strengthening and capacity building of MPWRH; |
· Assist MPWRH in the recruitment of civil servants and engagement for youth employment by continually reviewing adequate staffing requirements and organization structure for MPWRH and make recommendations as required;
· Assist the HR Advisor and MPWRH Project Director to develop and implement an annual/quarterly training plan for MPWRH and provide detailed budget items and estimates against the Project funds available.
· Analyze and recommend resolutions to issues that have potential to jeopardize performance and/or ability to meet agreed upon deliverables;
· Under the guidance of our client, establish and manage a team of specialists, technical and administrative project staff; providing TORs as required;
· Supervise the work of the team and report on progress according to quality standards.
· In coordination with the Project Director and Director General of MPWRH, proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken to amend scope of work responsibilities and budgets;
· Undertake official travel as necessary throughout Somalia, (State Capitals and Commercial Business Centres in Somalia, including Somaliland);
· Work closely with Director General of MPWRH, the Project Director and Project Management Team (PMT) on the project implementation and project training activities;
· In coordination with the Director General of MPWRH and Project Director, organize regular review meetings with stakeholders as per schedule.
· Coordinate with other Implementing Partners (IPs) and Director General of MPWRH on the selection of the participants to be trained and make the logistical arrangements for the participants to attend the training events;
· Under the guidance of our client, oversee and manage project payments, such as salary support for the civil servants, training events, stipend payments, project operating costs, including procurement of goods and services such as office equipment, etc.;
· Manage and remain accountable for expenditures against the budget (based on accurate financial reports);
· Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within the set tolerances
· Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
· Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary
· Identify and manage risks so that maximum benefit to client and stakeholders is achieved
· Manage and review product quality and ensure products are accepted
· Monitor and evaluate performance of service providers
· Follow the Project Management Cycle Instructions and ensure that all organizational policy is compiled with (Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions)
· Ensure preparation and maintenance of all project planning, monitoring and reporting requirements.
· Ensure that all expenditure comply with our client's Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR)
· Ensure that the project produces the required products within the specified tolerance of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits. The Project Manager is also responsible for the project producing a result capable of achieving the benefits to the satisfaction of the Client.
· Solicit expertise from different (external) organizations as necessary to bring quality knowledge, experience and best practices to the project activities;
· In coordination with Director General MPWRH and Project Director, incorporate construction projects that are being carried out by MPWRH into this Project as a practical case study for learning and adapt the Project to provide suitable training inputs for MPWRH staff to be able to best perform their responsibilities for the current and future MPWHR construction projects;
· Prepare and submit Monthly Progress Reports detailing financial and physical progress, any issues with recommendations to resolve, photographs, registers for procurement, risks register, lessons learnt register, updated work plan to indicate the planned activities and actual activities achieved each month detailing in the Progress Reports achievements, challenges and next steps in the month;
· Embed sustainability dimensions into the project including social and gender inclusion, construction safety, environmental and economic aspects into the training modules;
Monitoring and Progress Controls
· Ensure that the project(s) produces the required products within the specified tolerance of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits. The Project Manager is required to produce a result capable of achieving the benefits to the satisfaction of our client and the Client, and contribute to the overall business targets and needs.