|Overview of CTG Global||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position||Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non- governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.|
|Role objectives||Under the overall supervision of the Protection Officer (based in Tunis) and the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Assistant (based in Tripoli) and in close coordination with other relevant units of the program, the incumbent will provide specialized assistance to the planning, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of IOM Libya protection activities. The incumbent will be based in Benghazi with travels to other areas of responsibility throughout the country.|
|Expected output||- Provide specialized assistance in the planning and implementation of protection activities within IOM Libya’s projects in a timely manner, collaborating constructively with the Senior Protection Assistant and the Protection Officer in carrying out financial, administrative and technical aspects in line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
- Support the implementation of the project activities, identify and analyse issues and initiate follow up actions, support communication and visibility activities within projects.
- Assist in the establishment of strong partnerships with govt. entities, embassies, implementing partners, UN agencies and other stakeholders.
- Assist the Senior Protection Assistant/Protection Officer with logistical arrangements of meetings, training's, workshops and other events, co-facilitate training sessions in Libya and Tunisia.
- Draft program documents, letters, reports and other products as required.
- Undertake regular protection monitoring visits to detention centers and other places where migrants reside, prepare protection assessment reports.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments of migrants inside and outside detention centers, refer cases to relevant NGOs and international organizations for appropriate follow-up and/or to other units within IOM for their respective follow-up.
- Help identify the urgent needs and possible solutions for children, conduct vulnerability assessments and family tracing of unaccompanied migrant children (UMCs).
- Identify and refer vulnerable cases for voluntary humanitarian return (VHR) and ensure that the VHR goes smoothly, follow up on procedures with the VHR team, embassy representatives, and the receiving mission.
- Provide information on available services to vulnerable migrants such as victims of trafficking (VoTs), UMCs, survivors of GBV and/or other violence etc.
- Assist in the maintenance of all protection-related case-management records and files; provide statistics and data analysis as required.
- Assist with informal translations of documents, information, and data as well as do oral interpretations to and from English, Arabic and French as necessary and as requested.
- Liaise with the Libyan Directorate for Combating Illegal Migration (DCIM) and other authorities and NGOs on issues concerning migrants and displaced populations.
- Participate in and chair meetings on protection and case management.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
|Project reporting||This role reports to the Senior Protection Officer.|
|Key competencies||- Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution in Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Social Work, Human Rights, International Relations or Law, or other relevant field.
- Minimum of four years of professional experience in the field of migration and assistance to vulnerable populations with a govt. or UN agency, or a regional or international organization in the Middle East and/or North Africa.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and plans, managerial skills, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem solving attitude and skills.
- Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both written and spoken, knowledge of French is considered an advantage.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications .e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Arabic, English, working knowledge of French is an advantage.
This role does not have team management responsibility.