|CTG Overview||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position|
Our client WFP is looking to hire a Field Monitor in Somalia with the responsibility for monitoring food chain management and providing program support functions, with the aim of saving lives and protecting livelihoods in emergency and early recovery situations. Activities to be monitored will include:
- General Food Distribution/Targeted Supplementary Feeding Program (GFD/TSFP) [protection ration/wet feeding].
- Food for work/assets/training.
- Maternal child health and nutrition.
- Blanket supplementary feeding program.
- Institutional feeding (inpatient/family).
- School meals/take home rations.
- The purpose of this role is to ensure that food aid reaches the intended recipients in the correct quantities, working with the WFP AO staff in Mogadishu.
- The position will involve extensive field work in districts across Banadir, middle Shabelle and lower Shabelle regions, and will include overnight stays in these locations.
- The position will be responsible for the monitoring of food aid distribution as per the M&E plan and the provision of accurate reports.
- The Field Monitor reports to the Leader.
The Field Monitor shall submit to the Senior Monitor, through the Team Leader, weekly updates every Tuesday morning, weekly narrative reports every Wednesday morning, monthly narrative reports not later than the 10th of each month, and special reports as requested by the Program Manager from time to time.
|Key competencies||- M&E techniques and processes.
- Data collection and management.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Good command over report writing in English.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office.
- Time management and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Self motivated person able to work without close supervision.
- Travelling to far flung areas independently for M&E.
- Bachelor’s degree in any social or natural science discipline.
- Knowledge and understanding of project M&E.
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development organisations.
- Knowledge of data collection software.
- Knowledge of participatory research methods, participation action and learning.
- Contextual knowledge of Somalia.
- 3 to 5 years experience in M&E, with emphasis on food security programs, with Bachelors degree.
- Somali as first language, and excellent written and spoken English.
This role does not have team management responsibility.