|CTG Overview||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position|
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is one of the major humanitarian organizations in Somalia providing integrated humanitarian services including the provision of Nonfood items and Camp Cluster coordination Managements services targeting migrants and their affected communities. IOM is currently implementing its NFI/ SHELTER and CCCM programs in Somalia. In this context, IOM is seeking for a qualified project assistant to support the project.
Under the supervision of Capacity Building Project Officer, and in close collaboration with other units of IOM Somalia, Project Assistant will support the unit, by providing assistance on project planning, implementation, financial tracking and reporting
Consultant will be under the supervision of Capacity Building Project Officer.
|Key competencies||The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies.
1) Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
2) Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
3) Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
4) Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
5) Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
6) Displays mastery of subject matter;
7) Contributes to a collegial team environment;
8) Creates and promotes a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation;
9) Maintains excellent communication and writing skills;
10) Pays meticulous attention to detail;
11) Personal commitment and drive for results, and adaptability in the workplace;
12) Handles sensitive situations diplomatically and cultivates productive relationships;
13) Demonstrates ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
14) Abides by the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA);
15) Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
16) Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
17) Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
a) Able to handle sensitive situations and cultivate productive relationships;
b) ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
c) Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
d) Calm, diplomatic and demonstrate the ability to meet strict deadlines;
This role does not require team management