|Overview of CTG Global||CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.|
|Overview of position||The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is one of the major humanitarian organizations in Somalia providing integrated humanitarian services including the provision of Nonfood items and Camp Cluster coordination Managements services targeting migrants and their affected communities. IOM is currently implementing its NFI/ SHELTER and CCCM programs in Somalia. In this context, IOM is seeking for a qualified project assistant to support the project.|
|Role objectives||Under the supervision of Capacity Building Project Officer, and in close collaboration with other units of IOM Somalia, Project Assistant will support the unit, by providing assistance on project planning, implementation, financial tracking and reporting.|
|Expected output||1. Provide support to the work of field staff, implementing partners, and service providers for all capacity building project sites.
2. Develop annual administrative plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to administrative policies, systems and procedures in compliance with IOM policies, standards, regulations and processes;
3. Manage and/or carry out data analysis from PRISM pertaining to project budgets, and provide management with accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making;
4. Manage administration for existing resources such as assets/inventory items, office/guesthouse facilities, motor vehicle fleet, etc., estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services;
5. Provide administrative and logistical planning support to staff and partners regarding duty travel, travel authorizations, security clearance, accommodation, and expense claims.
6. Follow up on implementation of projects to ensure effective and timely delivery of the basic services.
7. Support implementing partners and service providers to ensure procurement of the Capacity Building projects items and payments are made timely.
8. Ensure inventory management of Capacity Building supplies and asset movements in close collaboration with COS team, field team and service provider
9. Build productive partnerships with other UN agencies and local government offices; ensure Agreements, MoUs are current, associated expenditure recognized/accrued and payments are processed promptly and in accordance with IOM requirements;
10. Follow up with field team and finance unit to ensure preparation and liquidation imprest /petty cash are done according to IOM procedures and in a timely manner.
11. Support to identify the needs and gaps of Capacity Building interventions among the beneficiaries in Somalia in close relationship with the capacity building units implementing partners, relevant clusters and authorities
12. Prepare Administration related budgets and budget revisions, including Annual Procurement Plan in consultation with Capacity Building Project Officer
13. Keep up-to-date compilations of project documents, references, partners’ reports and financial documents.
14. Assist to build the capacity of national stakeholders through training and other capacity building activities.
15. Support conducting appropriate monitoring, evaluation, review and quality.
16. Review Administrative Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for consistency with the changing environment and adjust/recommend revisions as necessary;
17. Assist to compile weekly and monthly reports for the unit in a timely manner and with accuracy.
18. Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by Capacity Building Project Officer
Overall / other duties and responsibilities
1. Support project designing, modification and implementation of appropriate operational procedures
2. Under the guidance of the Project Officer, liaise with project partners, government officials, NGO's, other IO's as appropriate including collaboration in pursuit of opportunities for additional activities from which operational caseloads may qualify
3. Coordination with service providers, administration, other specialized IOM, staff
4. Reporting to (Project Officer, etc.) on activities
5. Assistance to Project Officer in preparing funding requests for activities related to the projected caseload
6. Liaison with the security focal point
7. Such other duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
|Project reporting||Consultant will be under the supervision of Capacity Building Project Officer.|
|Key competencies||The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies.
1) Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
2) Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
3) Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
4) Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
5) Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
6) Displays mastery of subject matter;
7) Contributes to a collegial team environment;
8) Creates and promotes a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation;
9) Maintains excellent communication and writing skills;
10) Pays meticulous attention to detail;
11) Personal commitment and drive for results, and adaptability in the workplace;
12) Handles sensitive situations diplomatically and cultivates productive relationships;
13) Demonstrates ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
14) Abides by the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA);
15) Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
16) Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
17) Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
a) Able to handle sensitive situations and cultivate productive relationships;
b) ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
c) Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
d) Calm, diplomatic and demonstrate the ability to meet strict deadlines;
This role does not require team management