|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
Under the overall guidance of the Operation Manager and direct supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Procurement Logistics provides logistics, administrative, Procurement and secretarial support, maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment; maintenance of protocol procedures, information flow and follow up on deadlines and commitments made.
The Procurement Logistics performs logistics, administrative and secretarial support for the humanitarian activities in Somalia to supports optimal communication flows between the offices and the field, on humanitarian logistics, procurement, vendor profiles, market research of goods and services.
- Ensure initiation of planned procurement activities for the Covid-19 preparedness operation following our client procedures and regulations.
- Prepare bid documents using standard bidding documents and providing correct, complete and unambitious specifications/ TORs for procurement of goods and services.
- Review technical and financial proposals of suppliers and make recommendations for the finalization of purchases and the award of contracts following client procurement guidelines for the purchase of goods and contract services.
- Carry out cost/benefit analysis during the procurement processes ensuring a responsible role during the preparation and the review of the tender documents, the purchase orders and contracts before approvals by the Procurement Authority.
- Prepare awards and contract agreement in accordance with client procurement guidelines.
- Communicates with external counterparts at the direction of the Admin/ Logistics Associate, through effective use of written, verbal and electronic communication.
- Collects quotation for goods and services, supports the evaluation of bids and submits them for review and selection by the authorized official or committee, as per our client's procurement procedures.
- Assists in the distribution plan of emergency services and goods in cooperation with the Admin/ Logistics Associate.
- Supports arrangement of the storage of humanitarian goods as necessary, follows-up and reports on inventory management and distribution, in cooperation with the Admin/ Logistics Associate.
- Supports the Admin/ Logistics Associate and the Shipment Tracker focal point for:- The timely and accurate reporting of all inventory transactions (e.g., physical receipt, put in warehouse, handover and disposals / adjustments);
- The timely and accurate reporting of locally procured goods;
- Carrying physical inventory spot-checks with Implementing Partners managing our client's goods and commodities.
- Performs any other duties, as may be required.
Will report to Project Manager
|Key competencies||Qualification requirements:
Advanced university degree or university degree and equivalent experience in one or more of the following disciplines: economics, commerce, business administration, engineering, legal, accounting or related field.
Experience: At least two years of postgraduate professional experience in procurement operations or other areas. Exposure to procurement activities in emergency setting
Languages required: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali
Others: Qualifications in MS computer programmes – Word, Excel and Access – A qualification in database management systems is an advantage
Expectations: This position requires thorough knowledge of procurement activities in an emergency setting. The candidate should have good interpersonal skills, be highly organized and be able to work with minimum supervision.
This role does not have any team management responsibility.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to qualified female candidates.