|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
The SANDSIS project has been devised to support both Afghan Authorities and the Italian Development Co-Operation in defining and implementing National Infrastructure projects included in the National and Regional Resource Corridors Program (NRRCP) of the Afghan Government. Specifically after approval of amendment #7, support and techncal Assistance in two components; a) Continuation of TA to REMABAR-II Project and b) TA to the Afghanistan Railway Authority in the preparation and launch of the 'Soft Loan' financed Khaf to Herat Railway Project.
Provide Technical Assistance TA and Capacity Building to the ARA design team during the review of the ARA out-sourced railway design in controlling railway traffic management of tracks, the signal sytstem in terms of safety and accuracy, reviewing the electrical and signalling of the 'transit' station and the 'terminal' station.
Provide project management advice in respect of all signalling construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision
- Review and check the field surveys and field sketches of the signal locations done by the out-sourced design team and have site visits to Herat Province if required.
- Review the signal system construction schedule and identify work that is most critical in terms of safety and accuracy of the project.
- Provide markups of railroad signal drawings using project specific drawing markup standards.
- Apply knowledge of railway signaling principles, as well as construction and maintenance practices to evaluate construction sequencing and job progress.
- Facilitate the submission of the design package to client - IPMG for certification and provide / collect the clarifications to their queries / comments.
- Create reports and other documents, as required for projects.
- Review the Signalling design as required, confirming that it meets the requirements given in the scope of works and that the operational, technical and safety principles have been met
- Contribute to the preparation of technical details, specifications and tenders for Signalling designs and reports of the railway.
- Contribute to the planning, programming and monitoring of resources to meet program and budget requirements and targets
- Perform duties as directed by Management from time to time in connection with Signalling design activities
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation and Company procedures
- Capacity Building of the Afghan Railway Authority (ARA) designers during the review of signaling design activities while ensuring that delivery is technically accurate, to time and budget, and provide support and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Monitor (or undertake where applicable) the development of engineering options giving consideration to safety, reliability, operational capacity modelling, maintainability, ease of construction, and environmental/whole life issues
- Carry out independent checking of signalling design documentation.
- Support the provision of adequate resourcing for project design, in both the quality and quantity of internal and supplier staff, and in the use of the most appropriate support equipment.
- Liaise with the Designated Project Engineer throughout the project on inter-discipline matters.
- Assist in design activities associated with testing for new or modified systems / installations as directed
- Manage all signal engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet program requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
1. A proper and IPMG certified standard design package for construction of the Khaf-Herat Railway 4th Segment 2nd Phase (45 km) would be ready for launch of an ITB.2. The ARA design team would be capable of reviewing similar design packages for other ARA projects.
TSP Program Manager/Deputy Program Manager and will report to TSP - PM/DPM.
Consultant is required to report on weekly,monthly and at the end of the assignment about the progress status of the work.
|Key competencies||● Ten or more (10+) years of professional experience in the railroad signaling industry.
● Knowledge of the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of railroad signaling equipment including: Power Operated Switch Machines (POSM), Railroad Crossing Gates, Wayside Signals, Relay and Solid-State Track Circuits, Vital and Non-Vital Interlocking Processors, Vital and Non-Vital Railway Signal Electromechanical Relays, Local Control Panels, Railroad Signal Cabling, Railroad Signal Power Distribution Equipment.
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
● Ability to travel as required to job sites.
● Knowledge of Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) Rules Standards and Instructions applicable to railroad signal systems.
● Knowledge of AREMA Communication & Signal recommended practices.
● Knowledge of railroad signaling construction practices.
● Competent with software applications including Acrobat Professional, MS Excel & MS Word.
● Comfortable with interacting with the client in a group setting and individually.
● Punctual, reliable and with a strong attention to detail.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Works collaboratively with colleagues
Geographical Experience: Prior experience in Middle East and Asia (Central/South) to know the systems and standards and advise on systems that are most suitable to the requirements for the Development of the Afghanistan National Railway System, taking into account the existing railway systems and adopting them effectively to the Afghan needs.