Under the guidance & direct supervision of the DDR Education Coordinator, the Translator will undertake the following duties & responsibilities:
- Submit prove edited English to Somali translation in word processed documents.
- Translate the gender supplementary curriculum into Somali.
- Provide high quality translation of the curriculum.
- Work closely with the Curriculum Developer & the Education Specialist to ensure accuracy of terms & terminology used in the curriculum.
- Edit & revise translation based on feedback.
- Consult with unit colleagues when required.
- Ensure translation is written to follow similar writing style as the original material with, correct grammar & spelling.
- Complete the work within the agreed timeline & submit the final translation.
- The documents translated remains the copyright of IOM & should not be shared to any 3rd party.
- Observe confidentially & refrain from divulging any information about the content of the text.
The documents to be translate from English to Somali include:
Complementary Islamic perspectives endorsing Civic Education:
The stories of Somali women: Their inspirational role in nation building & sustained service to the Somali society:
Prove editing & make changes to the civic & religious curriculum 6 module Somali: