|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
The Recovery & Durable Solutions (RDS) unit promotes durable solutions to displacement for IDPs & returnees & works to prevent displacement in conflict prone areas through community stabilisation & early recovery activities. RDS programs are guided by the Midnimo methodology, a govt. led, community driven approach that aims to build capacity & accountability of governance structures to lead on solutions & provide (re)integration support to Displacement Affected Communities (DACs) whilst supporting locally led, participatory processes that promote intra & inter community cohesion, peace & ownership. To ensure that activities, outputs & outcomes are on track, & that all lessons learnt inform ongoing & future programming, RDS unit requires a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning National Officer who can lead the MEAL activities for RDS unit.
- Track, document & prepare reports of project outputs & outcomes as articulated in the results framework for all recovery & durable solutions projects to ensure that all activities are on track by regularly updating indicator matrix & coordination with field teams.
- In coordination with the Community Stabilisation Officer & Heads of RDS Programs, measure progress towards objectives, quality & immediate impact of activities to inform programming by developing monitoring tools, leading implementation of & writing reports on baselines, end lines & other M&E activities.
- In coordination with Project Officer (Information Management) prepare information retrieval of field activities to inform reports & communication materials by developing communication protocols & information sharing tools.
- Lead the operational implementation of RDS indices & other M&E related pilot activities including but not limited to the below to inform programming & the wider durable solutions & community stabilisation community.
- Community Stabilisation Index (COSI).
- Local (Re) integration Index (LORI) to enable data analysis, by coordinating with DTM, 3rd party providers & the RDS field teams.
- Prepare regular monitoring reports on recovery & durable solutions projects to provide timely input for donor reports & for IOM Somalia internal / external reports by ensuring timely collection of data & analysis (qualitative & quantitative) for drafting of reports & feedback.
- Provide support to project implementation on the ground ensuring adherence to project objectives, project activities, target groups, selection criteria, expected outputs, expected outcomes & timelines articulated in the project documents.
- Carry out learning sessions based on M&E findings including challenges encountered, mitigation measures & how challenges affect program implementation to inform ongoing & future activities, by developing tools & mechanisms to draw lessons learns from field teams & activities.
- Provide inputs in the formulation of strategies for the design & implementation of project activities by drawing from lessons learnt.
- Plan external monitoring missions in coordination with stakeholder (e.g. donor, govt., international community, 3rd party contractors).
- Support development of M&E framework for projects to ensure that outputs & outcomes are properly & timely including a robust mechanism for remote monitoring & for tracking project outcomes.
- Monitor RDS’ M&E budgets to ensure utilisation of costs in timely fashion by keeping a matrix on expenditures.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
This role works under the overall supervision RDS Project Manager & the direct supervision of the Community Stabilisation Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible & accountable for leading the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) for RDS unit including Durable Solutions & Community Stabilisation Programming respectively.
- Master’s Degree in International Relations, International Development, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution OR Bachelors Degree in the above fields with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience.
- 5 years’ experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL), including knowledge of remote implementation.
- Experience producing M&E reports including baselines, end lines, FGD reports, post intervention monitoring.
- Experience working for an INGO or UN agency.
- Experience with international humanitarian organisations, NGO's or govt. institutions / organisations in a multicultural setting.
- Knowledge of working in conflict / volatile contexts on durable solutions & community stabilisation in Somalia.
- Knowledge of implementing M&E activities for durable solutions & community stabilisation programming.
- Excellent & demonstrable analytical, communication & writing skills.
- Knowledge in the usage of Kobo collect for M&E data collection & office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) & knowledge of spreadsheet & data analysis.
- Fluency in English & Somali (oral & written).
- Working knowledge of other Somali languages spoken in other regions of Somalia.
- Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organisational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgement in meeting day to day challenges.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimise results.
- Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organisation’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
- Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example & demonstrates the ability to carry out IOM's vision, assists others to realise & develop their potential.
- Creates an atmosphere of trust & an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best & develop their potential.
- Works strategically to realise IOM's goals & communicates a clear strategic direction.
This requires experience in supervising a team & coordinating with different stakeholders for the implementation of M&E activities.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to appyly for this role.