|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
- The rationale for a durable solutions intervention in Somalia is primarily related to the extent to which conflict has impacted institutional collapse & the constant increase in the number of displaced persons. The current displacement trends also reveal underlying patterns of marginalization & social exclusion. With reference to displacement, the following driving factors are especially influential in Somalia, conflict & violence in areas of origin (or new areas of settlement), loss of access to land, environmental factors, natural disasters & food insecurity. Vulnerable groups, especially women & children comprising 49.6% & 63% respectively of the displaced populations & thousands of youth & marginalized minority populations, are exposed to violence such as domestic violence, sexual violence, gender based violence, forced labor.
- In line with the national development plan objectives on durable solutions, Midnimo II project intends to be a flexible tool to ensure that key interventions on durable solutions meaningfully support govt. & displaced households break the cycle of displacement. This project takes into
- particular account the needs of recently & protracted internally displaced persons & in its effort to tackle internal displacement, the program intends to prioritize the reduction of marginalization & displacement driven discrimination by strengthening the trust between displaced groups, host or resident communities & govt. institutions at local level, thereby increasing the participation of IDPs in public affairs. Secondly, by including a spatial dimension centered on the security of land tenure rights, area planning & city extension, the project aims at anchoring displaced populations & at preventing those factors, like forced evictions that contribute to maintain the cycle of displacement. The program finally seeks to set up livelihood systems which will enable IDPs to become sustainably employed while (i) enhancing availability of basic services through their work & (ii) by enhancing their capacity to save & therefore purchase services that cannot currently be provided in the form of universal schemes.
- The Project capitalizes on the successes of Midnimo I & builds on momentum for state / district expansion of authority & accountability to address challenges of conflict, displacement & community cohesion through govt. led but community driven solutions, improvement in livelihoods & local economy informed by gender differentiated baseline. By targeting underserved states at a critical time supports Somalia’s transition to a peaceful & stable country building on the positive developments & gains made in the local political & social contexts for real change, with credible govt. actors at the fore.
The overall objectives of the project are to:
- Improve peace, social cohesion & economic condition of IDP, migrants & host communities especially women, youth & other vulnerable populations.
- Develop capacities of communities, local & federal govt. & institutions to foster community participation, inclusion & equitable access to resources.
The objectives will be achieved through two outcomes as follows:
- Outcome 1: Govt. structures & institutions at federal, regional, district & community level are strengthened, more accountable, transparent & better able, to respond to the various needs of the population in the FMS of Somalia & in particular Hirshabelle & Galmudug.
- Outcome 2: Communities are proactively engaging with the FMS of Somalia & in particular Hirshabelle & Galmudug, benefitting from enhanced social & economic services.
Objectives of the assignment:
- In line with the national development plan objectives on durable solutions, Midnimo II project intends to be a flexible tool to ensure that key interventions on durable solutions meaningfully support govt. & displaced households break the cycle of displacement.
- The purpose of this consultancy is to conduct durable solution consultative workshop & platform in Hirshabelle state.
Scope of work / expected output:
- To this end, our client is looking for a competent national consultant to undertake the following tasks in coordination with MoPIIC in Hirshabelle state.
- Conduct stakeholders Durable Solution (DS) consultative workshops & trainings in Hirshabelle State as follows:
- Identify 2 ministry focal points for DS in each of the project location (10 ministry focal points in total).
- Organize DS basic training for focal points.
- Organize a stakeholder consultative forum.
- Develop a work plan.
- Simultaneously, a DS consultancy will take place in Galmudug state to undertake DS consultative workshop. The DS consultancy in Hirshabelle state will work in coordination with the consultant in Galmudug for cohesive results.
Monitoring & progress controls:
- The consultant will report to the Project Manager & will liaise MoPIIC officials in Hirshabelle state during the course of performing their work. The consultant should be available for any call for a meeting or any emergency as part of the process preparation & implementation. Our client will be responsible for providing the consultants with all necessary information related to the project in a timely thorough & transparent manner. Our client will be responsible for covering expenses of workshops & trainings.
|Final product / deliverables|
|Deliverable's||Completion date||Duty station||Payment upon completion|
|a) Meetings / Consultations plan to engage with relevant key govt. stakeholder in MoPIIC in Hirshabelle state & MOIFAR in Galmudug to ensure their full engagement & involvement.|
b) Inception report with the following details: Detailed
plan as to how the work will be executed (methodology, approach, timeline, training module to be used & list of targeted beneficiaries to be involved / invited in these series consultations for the consultancy) for review & approval by the client.
|22nd October 2020 (5 working days)||Hirshabelle, Somalia||20%|
|a) Identify 2 ministry focal points for DS in each of the project location.|
b) Organize DS basic training for focal points in Hirshabelle state.
c) Organize a stakeholder consultative forum in Hirshabelle state.
d) Develop a draft work plan
|12th November 2020 (15 working days)||Hirshabelle, Somalia||50%|
|a) Produce final report on workshop & training in Hirshabelle state.|
b) Produce a final work plan.
|26th November 2020 (10 working days)||Hirshabelle, Somalia||30%|
| || || || |
|Or number of days as per the sample below|| || |
|Dates||Total number of days|| || |
|18th October - 26th November 2020||30 working days|| || |
This role reports to the Project Manager.
|Key competencies||Academic qualifications:
- University Degree in Peace Studies, Political Science, Social Science or any other related field.
Years of experience:
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in in facilitating local level peacebuilding / dialogue processes.
- Experience working on peacebuilding through socio cultural & socio economic sectors.
- Experience in the area of development in UN & international organizations is an asset.
- Experience working in post conflict society / fragile countries is an advantage.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values & ethical standards.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality & age sensitivity & adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.-
- Promotes innovation & knowledge management in the project & a learning environment in the office through leadership & personal example.
- In depth practical knowledge of inter disciplinary development issues.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning & development in 1 or more practice areas, acts on learning plan & applies newly acquired skills.
- Seeks & applies knowledge, information & best practices from within & outside of the project.
- Ability to advocate & articulate clear messages.
- Attention to detail is crucial.
- Ability to work in a high pressure working environment with frequent urgent deadlines.
- High level logical & methodological organizational skills & the ability to multi task.
- Flexibility to attend consultation meetings during weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal & networking skills & the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations.
- Supports & encourages open communication & responds positively to critical feedback & differing points of view.
- Proficiency in English, both written & spoken (writing samples may be required).
- Knowledge of Somali language is an advantage.
This role has no team management responsibility.
Review / approval time:
- Upon satisfactory performance & completion of the services described in the TOR & client approval, the payment to contractors shall be the output based lump sum scheme.
- The Consultant will be working in Hirshabelle state for the entire duration of the consultancy.
- The Consultant will be required to have a personal lap top computer.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.