Consultant Role objectives
General Military Infrastructure
● Plan and coordinate work activities with the Project Manager
● Take timely action to prevent potential delays and/or cost overruns that can be avoided.
● Report and recommend remedial actions regarding potential delays and/or cost overruns to the Project Manager.
● Provide supervision of project work progress and quality for on-time project delivery.
● Manage final hand over and acceptance report based on technical specifications against the approved project.
● Provide data and information about project work to Project Manager for reporting purposes.
2. Feasibility /needs assessment
● Support the review of requests for new construction and rehabilitation works.
● Carry out assessments and prepare reports with recommendations for follow up actions.
● Assist the Project Manager in redacting the tender dossier, with particular focus to the technical documents (drawings, BoQ, technical specification and standards
3. Design Management
●. Outline design requirements (e.g. timeline) to procure design services, including concept, preliminary and final stages where applicable.
●. Manage the design plan ensuring deliverables are available on time, and to the required quality.
● Review and approve the BoQ.
● Assist the procurement team with technical assistance in preparation of tender documentation and bid analysis where required.
4. Construction supervision
● Supervise construction works and administer works execution as per the contractual provisions and the design specifications.
● Verify that works are consistent with the project technical specifications and inform promptly of eventual deviations.
● Provide regular supervision of the project work progress and quality for on time delivery.
5. Knowledge management
●. Provide training and technology transfer to national personnel and contractor’s personnel and advice on good construction practices, good environmental management practices, and appropriate health and safety standards during construction
● Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for development planning and knowledge building.