|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Protection Case Management:
- Undertake field monitoring missions and collect protection information on a regular basis though facilitation of surveys, interviews and focus group discussions with undocumented migrants.
- Contribute to drafting and updating of regular protection reports including utilizing digital data collection systems.
- Maintain an up to date and in-depth understanding of community dynamics and displacement/migration trends in the communities monitored including of the surrounding host community.
- During protection monitoring activities, identify protection needs/risks affecting individuals, households and groups, and conduct internal and external referrals to appropriate service providers according to needs, including cash for protection.
Planning and reporting:
- Act as single focal point for the province in the provision of case management for Persons with Specific Needs (PSNs) and to coordinate individual assistance with staff and partners from the border crossing point with Iran, in Our client transit center and until the return in the destination areas
- To provide holistic case management including comprehensive needs assessments, provision of in-kind assistance and referrals to protection and reintegration actors for highly vulnerable returnees including females at risk, medical cases, and other vulnerable case
- Support the coordination of family tracing, reunification and verification for beneficiaries, particularly unaccompanied migrant children and vulnerable females and medical cases through Child Protection Action Network, Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation, Ministry of Women’s Affairs, AIHRC and other relevant protection actors. Collaborate with CBRR and Protection staff in Kabul, the 4 major border crossings and in the 11 provinces of high return
- Lead scheduling of, and participation in, monitoring missions, in collaboration with the Protection Assistant and Protection Officer
Coordination and representation:
- Provide weekly and monthly data and completion of case management notes and reports, including case studies and other reports.
- Plan and carry out distributions in accordance with Our client’s procedures, liaise with procurement and logistics departments for provision of support to beneficiaries at the central level, and as the focal point for the provinces.
- Represent Our client in protection coordination meetings, including the Protection Cluster, GBV Sub-Cluster, Child Protection in Emergencies Sub-Cluster, PSN Network, Child Protection Action Network and other provincial or regional meetings
- Identify potential partnership to support the protection focal points in implement protection strategies and programs like psychosocial support, peer support, alternatives to institutional care for separated children.
- Liaise with other agencies/NGOs/government bodies and UN agencies to ensure coordination, implementation of common standards in the field and consideration of protection issues in assistance program.
- In coordination with other relevant actors, advocate for humanitarian access and advocate with government to assist any urgent protection needs
Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
- Since the duty station is Balkh province- The incumbents should be from and/or currently living in the province.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Basic knowledge on the migration issues within Afghanistan and the reasons why people migrate.
- Basic Knowledge of what Our client is doing in Afghanistan for migration and specifically for the undocumented Afghan returnees.
- Knowledge of using data collection through KOBO