|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
Afghanistan is one of the multi hazard prone countries of South Asia, with earthquakes, floods, droughts, landslides, sandstorms, and avalanches as the common natural disasters. Heavy rain and snow cause major problems across the region almost every year. Extreme winter conditions and avalanches are also a recurrent feature in the mountainous areas of Afghanistan that make up approximately 63 per cent of the country. Poor housing provides little protection to the households in rural parts of the country. Lack of capacity and resources within government institutions further adds to the vulnerabilities of families affected or displaced by natural disasters.
Our client Afghanistan in line with its “Disaster Risk Management and Disaster Risk Reduction Framework implements DRR activities with the overall aim of strengthening Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’s (GIRoA’s) Disaster Risk Management capacities at the national, provincial and community level.
Disaster Risk Management (DRM) activities focus on selected disaster-prone communities across Afghanistan to enhance community level preparedness and response to disasters.
In addition, Our client through its Humanitarian Assistance Program (HAP) is implementing emergency response project through which natural disaster affected and displaced population is assessed and the needs for relief items are addressed by provision of NFIs and emergency shelter. Our client is the co-chair of the Emergency Shelter/Non-Food Item Cluster. Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager/ Sr. Program assistant; the project clerk will support HAP in monitoring and evaluation of emergency response and DRR activities through the tasks specified below.
- In collaboration and close supervision of Project Assistant (Field Coordinator) (PAFC), conduct assessments of natural disaster affected and displaced families fill assessment forms in the field and encode all the relevant forms into HAP database.
- In coordination with supervisor, assist in organising meetings, taking minutes, developing reports on natural disaster incidents, progress report, assist PAFC in writing weekly reports and situation reports on disaster incidents.
- Carry out assessment and distribution of emergency Aid and ensure all HAP procedures are followed during these processes.
- Ensure the assessment forms (MSRAF,FAF, BDS) are encoded in HAP DB and all procedures are followed while responding to natural disaster events.
- In coordination with supervisor, oversee and monitor distribution of humanitarian assistance and provide written reports with details of distribution process and any associated issues.
- Ensure assessment data is encoded in the database timely, conduct quality check of the data, ensue encoded data is accurate and report inconsistencies for correction.
- Assist national and provincial government authorities in handling emergency situations; ensure appropriate mechanisms to facilitate collaboration and exchange of information both in and outside the client system, taking part in joint assessments and ensuring the assessments are conducted as per HAP mandate.
- Assist ANDMA provincial staff in the use of National Disaster Management System (NDMIS), provide continuous on the job training to enhance the use of the system.
- Monitor, analyse and report on emergency response, disaster relief/management activities or emergency situations; develop and maintain a “watch list” of areas with potential for humanitarian crisis, hard to reach and report this information accordingly.
- Assist project team in assessments and implementation of disaster risk mitigation infrastructure and community-based disaster risk management activities.
- Warehouse management and stock recording in proper manner and in accordance with Warehouse policy and HAP Procedures.
- In coordination with PAFC present our client, HAP activities in relevant coordination forum including Government/UN/INGO including ES/NFI cluster meetings.
- Provide HAP weekly and monthly report.
- Perform any other related task that may be assigned by the PAFC/SPA or HAP HQ staff.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Works effectively with staff members and project team, provides timely responses technical engineering team’s concerns, liaise with relevant Our client departments and contractors