|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
Our client is looking for qualified Writers/Photographers in Libya for future project requirements. Qualified candidates will be placed on a pre-approved roster.CTG’s client is seeking the services of a professional reporter/photographer with experience in writing stories and taking photographs to showcase project results. The position is to support the implementation of projects cross Libya. The objective of the stories and photos are to tell stories, from the angle of the beneficiaries, about how the SFL has made a difference in the lives of people in Libya. These stories and pictures will be used for outreach and advocacy purposes. Under the guidance of the project manager and in coordination with the client’s Communications Team, a the Field Writer will be required to produce a series of human interest stories. The Writer is expected to visit each site where work is underway, or completed to document (written and visually) stories on the ground and deliver stories and high resolution photographs at regular intervals to the team.
2. Functions / Key Results ExpectedSummary of Key Functions:
- Write 500 to 800-word human interest stories on the impact of initiatives in the selected municipality. This will require travel to the project sites and interviews with a range of stakeholders – municipal authorities; project partners; beneficiaries of these activities etc.
- Ensure high-quality (high resolution) professionally shot photographs to accompany each story. These photographs must depict locations and people who have benefitted from our work. Each photograph must include a caption with specific details such as the location, name of any persons, activity and any other relevant information. In addition, each photograph should be accompanied by a written description (What, Where, When, Who, How, Why).
- Capture information about projects and take photographs for donor reports.
- The Field Writer is expected to work in close collaboration with the Project Manager and Communications Team. The number of days per assignment will be as agreed with the Project Manager and Communications Team.
- Revise and edit stories as per feedback received and finalize keeping in mind, global audiences for the stories.
- Draft press releases related to events.
- Upload all content as requested within states deadlines and on the online platforms used by the client’s Communications Unit.
- Other related duties as needed by your supervisor(s).
Reports to the Project Manager.
|Key competencies||3. Qualifications
• Candidates with no university degree should have at least 5 years of experience working in the areas of journalism, communications, social media or in the field of advocacy / lobbying.
• Candidates with Masters degree in journalism, communications, social media or other related fields should have at least 1-4 years of experience or those with Bachelor Degree in relevant field at least 2-6 years of experience.
• Two years progressive experience as a reporter and photographer.
• Experience in Communications for the government or other public-sector entity or experience as a journalist.
• Experience taking photographs for development related agencies and projects.
• Proven extensive experience in producing photo stories and reportages, in particular on development issues.
• Excellent technical capacities to ensure smooth and high-quality production.
• Working experience with UN Agencies and other international organizations is an asset.
• Understanding of the United Nations and/or development issues will be considered an asset.
• Ownership or possession of a high-resolution state of the art digital camera/equipment is a MUST.
FeesIndividual to quote per day rate per assignment
- Fluency in Arabic is required with working knowledge of English an advantage.