|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
The overall aim of this project is to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service provisions to the Libyan people. The objectives of this project include building the capacities on the planning, monitoring and evaluation of central government agencies, including the emergency and strategic planning capacities of the Technical Cooperation Office (TCO) at the Ministry of Planning (MoP). The focus is not be limited to the Technical Cooperation (TC) units in different line ministries rather enhancing the overall coordination between the different TC units, the TCO at the MoP and the donor community.
Another objective of this initiative includes enhancing the policy formulation capacities at the central level with regards to the technical cooperation function by strengthening the capacities of local level or municipal officials in responding to the needs of the population through improved planning, monitoring and evaluation capacities.
To achieve these goals, with the understanding that civil servants and municipal officials are the least susceptible to the ongoing political turmoil, UNDP is working with the leadership of the recognized GNA at the MoP and the MoLG, partnering with senior civil servants to ensure successful implementation of this project.
SCOPE OF WORKThe Technical Cooperation Officer will work under the overall guidance of the Director of Technical Cooperation (MoP) to support the Ministry of Planning in the area of international cooperation and project planning and management. This includes:1. Aid Coordination and Knowledge Sharing
2. Technical Cooperation Capacity Development
- Assist in the coordination of government-donor dialogue at all levels to achieve mutual understanding on aid coordination issues;
- Support the development of a mechanism for sharing knowledge and lessons learnt on aid effectiveness.
3. Technical Cooperation Matrix and information management
- Support the provision of inputs and guidance on how to develop and build the Technical Cooperation function within the MoP to make it a well-functioning, effective aid management institution;
- Support the work of the consultant that will develop the Capacity Development Programme;
- Support the consultant that will develop the study on public sector reform.
- Assist in the formulation and oversee the implementation of a technical cooperation management staff capacity development strategy that stimulates a learning culture through systematic analysis of project data;
- Support capacity building of relevant MoP staff members to develop and maintain a well-functioning technical cooperation management system, including regular analysis of project monitoring data;
- Assist project managers and other relevant MoP staff to ensure skills development and training of responsible government officials in technical cooperation, aid tracking and analysis;
4. Perform other tasks or any other duties reflecting the overall purpose of supporting the Technical Cooperation Function in the Libyan Ministry of Planning.DURATION OF WORKThe contract will be for a period of 1 year, starting on 25th March 2020 and expiring on 24th March 2021.DUTY STATION AND MANAGEMENT ARRANGEMENTSThe consultant will be based at the Ministry of Planning in Tripoli for the duration of the assignment.The expert will work under the overall guidance of the Director, Technical Cooperation (Ministry of Planning). S/he will submit his/her time sheet every month and a progress report every three months to the Director of Technical Cooperation (Ministry of Planning), and to the Project Manager, Capacity Strengthening Initiative (UNDP).DELIVERABLES AND PAYMENTS
- Support the strengthening of aid effectiveness by continuously updating the matrix for technical cooperation which contains, amongst other, a mapping of international donor organizations active in Libya; their financial level of support; thematic support areas; geographical focus, etc.
- Assist the improvement of country systems for tracking aid resources and results, promoting accountability and promoting integration of international aid within national budget frameworks, together with the IT expert working in the MoP;
- Support in-country learning by providing information on alignment, donor harmonization and managing for results, drawing on knowledge of Libyan experiences as well as experiences from within the MENA region;
- Support the use and development of country systems, including systems to track aid resources and results, aid coordination dialogue mechanisms, and public financial management systems;
- Provide practical recommendations for action concerning aid predictability and increasing the alignment of international financial and technical assistance with Libyan priorities.
|Activities||Estimated Duration to Complete||Payment and approvals|
|Under the overall guidance of the Director Technical Cooperation, MoP, the Technical Cooperation Officer will support the consultant that will develop the Capacity Development Programme and the consultant that will develop the study on public sector reform.|
|Months 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11|
|These months payment will be made upon submission of the time sheet|
|Under the overall guidance of the Director Technical Cooperation, MoP, the Technical Cooperation Officer will support the promotion, aid coordination and knowledge sharing by supporting government/donor/UN dialogue at all levels to achieve mutual understanding on aid coordination issues|
|Months 3, 6, 9 and 12||Payment will be made upon submission and approval of report and time sheet|
|Reporting to the Project Manager.|
• University degree in international development, political science, international relations, IT or related field. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
• At least 5 years’ experience in the area of public sector and/or a Libyan institution. At least 7 years’ experience are required in case the candidate does not have a master’s degree.
• Extensive experience from working with public administration in a technical field in a post conflict administrative setting
• Experience of working in the MENA region, preferably in Libya
• Fluency in Arabic. Knowledge of English is an asset.
|This role doesn't require management filed.|
|Technical Competencies ||70|| |
|Relevance of educational requirements and years of experience||15|| |
|Experience in the area of public sector and/or a Libyan institution||20|| |
|Experience of working in the MENA region, preferably in Libya||25|| |
|Fluency in Arabic||10|| |
|Financial (Lower Offer/Offer*100||30|| |
|Total Score||Technical score 70 + 30 Financial|