|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
- IOM is an implementing partner for FGoS national program for the treatment & handling of disengaged combatants. The national program maintains the objective of establishing a comprehensive process that allows for low risk disengaged combatants & women associated with Al Shabab to socially & economically reintegrate into society through transition centres in Kismayo & Baidoa. This support includes the provision of basic education, civic education, religious counselling & life skills, business, financial literacy & vocational training.
- The IOM DDR unit requires the Computer Skills & Graphic Design Trainer to provide full time instruction to female beneficiaries in Baidoa. This position is jointly managed by the South West State of Somalia (SWSS) govt. & IOM, with dual reporting requirements.
This is a full time position as per Somali labour laws based in Baidoa. The specific duties & responsibilities of the role include:
Basic computer literacy & graphic design teaching:
- Design & deliver a basic computer literacy & graphic design curriculum based on student needs & learning level. To include:
- Introduction to computers (MS) & internet use (Google).
- Introduction to typing.
- Introduction to MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
- Digital illustration (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Web design.
- Image manipulation.
- Digital illustration.
- Create, update & maintain training materials, manuals, handouts & practice exercises for efficient & effective delivery of the skills.
- Develop hands on activities to help students learn technology & access it in a variety of ways & promote computer literacy through both 1 on 1 & group engagement, adapting resources to ensure all students are able to make progress.
- Provide a stimulating learning environment & provide additional assistance to students with particular learning needs & abilities, instruct in a manner that develops students' confidence & their abilities, integrate a variety of teaching strategies & curriculum content.
- Provide access to information resources through efficient & well guided systems for organising, retrieving & circulating resources & provide assistance to students in the effective use of these systems.
- Ensure that the day to day administration of the information centre / library is efficient & that systems, resources & equipment are well maintained.
- Maintain standardised student assessments & record keeping system for student progress & attendance, assess, monitor, record & report on the learning needs, progress & achievements of students.
- Work with Social Workers to ensure that student case files are maintained properly & student progress reports are reviewed periodically to reflect individual progress towards goals.
- Establish rapport / trust with students.
- Give explanations, reasonable & appropriate assignments & directions clearly.
- Organise the classroom to contribute to the learning process.
- Perform other duties related to the DDR program as assigned by supervisor.
- This incumbent will receive day to day & week to week oversight from the Administrative Manager (Administrative Assistant) with support from technical staff (Livelihood Team Leader, Livelihood Project Officer, Education Coordinator) & other staff.
- Overall performance management is jointly monitored & evaluated by IOM & their govt. partner.
- IOM will undertake contracting obligations & remuneration in close collaboration with SWSS Ministry of Internal Security.
• Certificate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Graphic Design or related discipline.
• Higher degree or recognized professional qualification (preferred)
- Experience of working in the SWSS regions is highly preferred.
- Exceptional computer skills.
- Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office suite & Adobe suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Practical & theoretical understanding of effective teaching & learning strategies.
- Understanding of computer monitors, CPU's, operating systems, hard drives & file storage.
- Must have knowledge of a wide range of computer technologies.
- Previous experience working with youth at risk & or the return & reintegration at risk groups a considerable advantage.
- Video & sound editing.
- Fluent in Somali & Maay (oral & written).
- Working knowledge of English is desirable.
- Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organisational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgement in meeting day to day challenges.
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimise results.
- Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organisation’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
This role has not team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Candidates must upload CV, a copy of either their valid Somali passport or valid Somali national id to be considered for this role.