Under the supervision of the Hospital Administration Manager & working closely with other Hospital staff. the Hospital Administration Staff will support the unit, by providing assistance on project planning, implementation, financial tracking & reporting.
In particular, s / he will be responsible to:
- Provide support to the work of other hospital staff, implementing partners & service providers for the hospital.
- Develop annual administrative plans, contribute to longer term strategies & improvements to administrative policies, systems & procedures in compliance with policies, standards, regulations & processes.
- Manage & / or carry out data analysis pertaining to project budgets & provide management with accurate information & reports for efficient planning & decision making.
- Manage administration for existing resources such as assets / inventory items, office facilities, ambulance fleet, etc., estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost effectiveness & timeliness of operations & services.
- Provide administrative & logistical planning support to staff & partners regarding duty, travel authorisations (if required), security clearance, accommodation etc.
- Follow up on implementation of projects to ensure effective & timely delivery of basic services.
- Support implementing partners & service providers to ensure procurement of hospital items & payments are made timely.
- Ensure inventory management of capacity building supplies & asset movements in close collaboration with other staff working in the hospital.
- Build productive partnerships with other UN agencies & local govt. offices, ensure agreements, MOUs are current, associated expenditure recognised / accrued & payments are processed promptly & in accordance with client requirements.
- Follow up with field team & finance unit to ensure preparation & liquidation imprest / petty cash are done according to procedures & in a timely manner.
- Prepare administration related budgets & budget revisions, including annual procurement plan in consultation with other stakeholders at the hospital.
- Review administrative SOP's for consistency with the changing environment & adjust / recommend revisions as necessary.
- Assist to compile weekly & monthly reports for the unit in a timely manner & with accuracy.
- Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by the immediate line manager.
Overall / other duties & responsibilities:
- Support project designing, modification & implementation of appropriate operational procedures.
- Coordination with service providers, administration, other specialised staff.
- Reporting to line manager on activities.
- Assistance in preparing funding requests for activities related to the projected caseload.
- Liaison with the security focal point in Nairobi as needed.