|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
- Established in 1951, IOM is the leading IGO in the field of migration & works closely with govt, IGO & NGO partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane & orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services & advice to govt's & migrants.
- Under the overall supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the direct supervision of the Project Officer (Counter Trafficking) & in close collaboration with the Protection Division & other relevant units, the successful candidate will assist in the implementation of IOM counter trafficking activities.
- Act as the focal point for trafficking in persons’ cases.
- Review all counter trafficking screenings & assessment plans, oversee referral of cases to relevant partner organisations & international organisations for appropriate follow up & / or to other units within IOM for their respective follow up, assist in identifying the urgent protection needs & possible solutions.
- Support the development & delivery of training & capacity building activities to NGO & govt. partners.
- Carry out assessment visit to detention settings, urban locations & conduct screening interviews of vulnerable migrants.
- Develop assistance plans with victims of trafficking & other vulnerable migrants to provide them with sustainable assistance tailored to their needs.
- Conduct FGD's & information sessions to vulnerable populations in detention centres, disembarkation points & other places where migrants, IDPs, returnees & vulnerable host communities may reside.
- Provide training & guidance to Protection Case Workers on trafficking in persons.
- Assist in the development & maintaining of strong working relationships with govt. & NGO partners on counter trafficking issues.
- Conduct risk assessment screenings for vulnerable persons & VHR cases in close coordination with colleagues from Protection, VHR units & receiving missions where relevant.
- Participate in case management meetings & protection working groups.
- Prepare regular reports on counter trafficking including human interest stories.
- Assist in the maintenance of all protection related case management records & files, in particular counter trafficking, provide statistics & data analysis as required with full respect to IOM data protection policy & the confidentiality of beneficiaries.
- Ensure full adherence to protection principles including do no harm throughout all facets of work, as well as adherence to IOM gender & PSEA policies.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
This role works under the overall supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the direct supervision of the Project Officer (Counter Trafficking) & in close collaboration with the Protection Division & other relevant units.
|Key competencies||Required skills:
- Completed University Degree from an accredited academic institution in Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Social Work, Human Rights, International Relations or Law, or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the field of migration & assistance to vulnerable populations with a govt. or UN agency, or a regional or international organisation in the MENA region.
- Effective organisational skills & ability to establish priorities & plans, ability to work under pressure & cope with deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem solving attitude & skills.
- Good written & spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi cultural environment.
- Fluent in English & Arabic, both written & spoken, knowledge of French is considered an advantage.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications .e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organisational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgement in meeting day to day challenges.
Core competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimise results.
- Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Takes ownership for achieving the organisation’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
Managerial competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example & demonstrates the ability to carry out the organisation’s vision, assists others to realise & develop their potential.
- Creates an atmosphere of trust & an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best & develop their potential.
- Works strategically to realise the organisation’s goals & communicates a clear strategic direction.
This role does not have team management responsibility.