Closely follow up with the national officer and designated operations staff to assist in the implementation of project activities, including overall coordination and distribution of Non-Food Items (NFI), emergency shelter and other related humanitarian response in the Libya operations.
1. Carry out regular field visits to monitor and follow through the distribution process at migrants Detention Centres (DCs) under DCIM (Directorate for Combating Illegal Migration), and monitor proper, accurate, timely delivery and handover of items to the selected migrants in the DCs.
2. Follow up on the submission of full and proper documentation of every activity (or distribution), including but not limited to, Request Letter, Needs Assessment, Beneficiary lists, Narrative reports, photos, Consent form and any other program related documents.
3. Gather data from the field related to needs assessments, distributions and evaluations and collect the pre-distribution assessment forms for the IDPs and migrants to be reflected in the planned distribution.
4. Assist with joint activities with other organizations and IOM units for migrants inside and outside Detention Centres and for IDPs and host communities and follow up on proper planning, implementation, and submission of relevant documentation by participating units.
5. Provide support to the internal coordination between the DAU, logistics and warehouse including regular check of the stock availability and regular follow up on distributed stock, following up delivery schedules and share relevant information (i.e. delivery plan, types of trucks, destination, etc.)
6. Whenever required, coordinate with implementing partners on, planning and delivery of items (NFI, Shelter, etc.), distribution of items, and submission of documentation (distribution plan, good receipts, waybill etc.) and ensure delivery of logistics requirements.
7. Travel frequently to the field, both inside Benghazi as well as other cities hosting detention centers or IDPs, with overnight stay when required. Complete distributions during emergencies during out of office hours.
8. Support preparing the visibility materials and collect all the photos of relevant activities, including the interest stories and quotes from the beneficiaries and government officials during the distribution.
Perform any other related responsibilities, as assigned by the project officer.